Illinois-Chicago

Table names

Are you guys naming your tables? I don't really want to do numbers, Amy ideas?

Re: Table names

• MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we're using pictures of buildings and places around the college we both went to and I'm editing numbers into the pictures. On the back side we're putting what the building/place is.
    I've seen people name their tables after sport teams, places they've been together, each other at that age (age 1 at table 1). Possibilities are endless...movies, tv shows, bands, etc.
  • mscramuzzomscramuzzo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had originally planned on "the places of us"...all cities we have been together or cities that have meaning, but we didn't have enough for all the tables we've had!

You can do favorite movies, flower names, tv shows, classic musical artists. Types of wine!
  • edited December 2011
    We went to the Greek Islands for our honeymoon, so each table was named after a different Greek Island for our wedding :)
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing one of "our songs" per table. WE have som many songs that have meaning for us this shouldn't be a problem
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing photos of special places to us around the city and matting them with printed paper that explains the sites significance.
    Last Post 7/8 Leave for Paradise 7/9 Our Beach Wedding 7/13

Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    We are using places we have been to together and special events (FI runs marathons so a couple tables are after marathons). Some of the places are even just here in Chicago, but were special because they were a first for either him or I. Each one has a picture of us in that place/event and gives a little blurb about the day/time and why it's special to us. I thought it was a cute way for guests to know a little more about us.

This is a ROUGH draft of what they will look like. I need to tweak the lines and such and the printer was running out of ink, but I created them in an HP program and I can print out 2 on an 8 1/2 X 11 sheet of photo paper and then cut it down.
    Photobucket Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • Sparkle1985Sparkle1985 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using different "love is" comics for our table numbers.  FI gives them to me all the time and always has so we are using all wedding theme related ones.
  • edited December 2011
    We are naming ours after athletes...FI is a huge sport nut, so he's picking out his favorite people.  The tables won't have numbers - just the name of the athlete.
  • kellym050370kellym050370 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our theme is "books" - I know it seems weird but that is the one thing that Jeff and I have in common - our love of reading.  So the tables are named after our favorite authors.  Below their names will be a quote from one of the books about love/relationships and the name of the book.
  • edited December 2011
    We are using names as well. Each table will be something important to us.
    Our pets names, where we meet, where we got engaged, etc
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we're doing pictures of bands whose concerts we've attended together
  • Jami86eJami86e member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    our colours were purple and black so we did stops on the purple line  and wrote a little blurb on what we do when we get off at each of those stops
    Visit Jewish.weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards