Canada-Ontario

Any GREAT Chinese restaurants for a wedding?

Hello!

I just recently got engaged.. Yay! 

My fiance have made it clear to me that it will have to be in a Chinese restaurants becuase of the elders, and other reasons.

Recommendations?

These are the places I have so far:

.. Grand Chinese Cuisine (Double Tree Hotel)
.. Lai Wah Heen (Metropoliton Hotel)
.. MEC (Markham Event Centre)
.. Shangri-la
.. Dragon Boat Cuisine

Thank you :)

Re: Any GREAT Chinese restaurants for a wedding?

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pearl Harbourfront is nice... not too gawdy and great panoramic views of the waterfront.

A lot of my Chinese friends have had their banquets at Diamond Banquet Hall at First Markham place.

Lai Wah Heen... they've had a great reputation for food for many years, but their head chef recently left. I'm sure the food is still good but just something to be aware of.

MEC has a great package that includes lots of stuff but their carpets are darn ugly lol.

Crown Princess on Bay St south of Bloor is quite nice and new and the food is pretty good, but the layout is a little awkward (kind of a triangle).
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also Dragon Dynasty in Scarborough has had a good reputation for food for several years. And I think they cater to many area banquet halls, like Grand Baccus.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you don't like the banquet hall setting, Mandarin Golf Course does Chinese weddings in a tent on their grounds. Quite lovely.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards