Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

BM Dress

I need opinins.  what do you think of this?  I would go with clover dresses and a claret sash and the opposite for my MOH.

I worry that the girls will be cold in this but I plan to buy them all a wrap, plus they'll be inside most of the time. 

Would you be unhappy if you were my BM and I made you wear this??

Thanks!

http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collections/ProductDisplay.aspx?style=7017S
Photobucket

Re: BM Dress

• edited December 2011
    I really like it! I actually was considering this dress in the beginning of my search before switching over to David's. Why would you think your girls would be unhappy? It looks comfy and I think it is really cute!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I really like it too! Very pretty! I would be VERY happy to wear this if I was a BM.
  • edited December 2011
    I love it, I too would not mind wearing this at all.   Are any of your bridesmaids big busted or on the larger side weight-wise?  My only concern when I was picking BM dresses was if it went with strapless, one of the girls is VERY busty and just didn't feel comfortable wearing strapless.  She would have definitely done it if I had wanted, but I knew she woudlnt be comfortable.  Is there any alternatives for it if someone wanted straps?  Otherwise - if everyone is comfortable in strapless, I think it's awesome.
  • Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister and I discussed this as she is very busty...her idea was to buy extra material like the ribbon to make straps on each side to go over the optional spagghetti straps.  I wouldn't mind if any of the other girls would want to do that as well. 
    Photobucket
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What do u think of the color choices?  I'm not good at coordinating colors.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I just put it together on the site and think it looks nice. Those colors are nice together, and I love the claret color!
  • edited December 2011
    I think Clover looks awesome.  Perfect fall wedding color.
  • edited December 2011
    I love the dress. It would also be something I would wear again.  The colors are nice.  Perfect for fall.

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think so too!  I love it!  I just got off the phone with my SIL and she is happy with it.  I wanted her opinion b/c she's buying 4 of them, one for her and 3 for my nieces ( her daughters).  It is important to me that they like it.

I am about to email all of the bms now.  Thanks for the feedback.  I feel very good about this :)
    Photobucket
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    >>Are any of your bridesmaids big busted or on the larger side weight-wise<<

We looked at this dress, and two of my bridesmaids are bigger girls.  It had optional spaghetti straps, but you can also order extra fabric and make a chiffon cap sleeve too- the dress looks super cute like that!

I really like the bold color choice you are going with!
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • edited December 2011
    I love the colors! So glad you found a dess!!
  • LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love it, and would be thrilled to wear it as a BM! Great choice!
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • teachyoubioteachyoubio member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

This is the same dress my bridesmaids are wearing and they all loved it and it looked fantastic on their 4 different body types.  Not to mention Alfred Angelo had $20 off bridesmaid dresses all the time making them just over $100 for my girls.

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amer...that's exactly what we plan to do :)
    Photobucket
  • CA2PABride2BeCA2PABride2Be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have the same dresses for my bridesmaids!  I am on the bigger size and my MOH is on the skinnier side.  We both tried it on and thought we looked great it in so I made everyone get it.  BIG MISTAKE!!!!  I feel bad b/c I saw some of my other bridesmaids in it and it doesn't look good on all figures.  One is small-chested and it just hangs off her - no curves.  The other is VERY large chested and it doesn't look that good.  And the last one is big chested and round stomach and it just balloons her out.

If I could go back and do it again, I would have picked the color - let my MOH wear that dress and let my other girls pick out the dress they wanted in the color I picked from AA. 

My bridesmaids are troopers and keep saying it doesn't matter b/c it's my day but I SOO didn't want to be THAT bride that made my girls wear something that looked horrible on them and now I feel bad.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    183 image 128 image 55 image 0 image RSVP Date: June 4, 2010
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CA that's not what I wanted to hear...now I may be back at square 1.  Thanks for the warning!
    Photobucket
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you love the dress it may still work for you girls.  I think a pp said they used it and it looked great on all their girls' types.  Maybe if all your girls can try it on to see how it fits before ordering it?  And then if they hate it then can pick out a different dress they like in the color to show to you for approval?  I'm not sure.  In my case all my girls were located all around the country and that was too much of a hassel, but maybe you can make a day out of it.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most of my girls are here and one is in CO.  They all have different schedules and I think it may be impossible to get them all together...that's what I would have wanted but can't happen.

The store I bought my dress does not have this bm dress in stock.  I may do some researching to find it at another store to try on and then we'll just order from my store.  I thought the style would be flattering on anyone. 
    Photobucket
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So did I!  That's why I'm so disapointed!
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards