Ohio-Toledo
Options

QOTD 8/25

What are you planning to buy with the money you receive as wedding gifts?

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: QOTD 8/25

• Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were married in October and closed on our house in November.  So our wedding money sat in the checking account until it was time to make the down payment and we also bought new matching bedroom furniture.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We paid off DH's car (we're debt free now!).

With the remaining, we bougth a coffee table, bookshelf and chair for the living room.  We also used some of it to take a few excursions on our honeymoon.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are putting the money into a savings account for a downpayment on a house...someday!!
  • Options
    MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    New furnace/AC for the house, buying a few things from the registry that we didn't get, and a little toward the HM. :)
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just putting it back into our savings account!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • Options
    k22tk22t member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it went towards bills.   now i wish that we kept it and saved up for a nice, well deserved vacation.
    Kris....I'm finally a Mrs! 10/11/08
  • Options
    catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going to go on a honeymoon in March (wedding is Nov 27).  Any surplus I have in the savings will go toward paying off FI's car, new floors in my house, and paying off student loans.  In that order... I know I won't get enough to do all 4 things, but I like having a plan.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_qotd-825?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:0cdaa82a-af51-4b4b-b9bf-a7f5ac3c5084Post:f020ed46-3dc8-450f-8b73-2574dfab153e">Re: QOTD 8/25</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just putting it back into our savings account!
    Posted by kellyandtim1[/QUOTE]

Same for me.

If we don't need the $ right after the wedding, I might throw it into a CD to get a better rate.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We are definitely planning on using it for spending money on the honeymoon or to book some extras before we leave.  Also to get the stuff we still really want off registry.  Anything left will be used to pay for our new roof.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to use it on our HM to have the most amazing vacation EVER. We are not going to use the phrase "oh that looks too expensive to do." We never get to do things like this (go to hawaii) and i want to take as much in as i can. Hiking, surfing, adventuring! EATING!

I hope that there is some left over to put back in my savings acct and save for all new windows for my house and a new garage door too. :)
    Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards