Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Looking for a Reception Venue for a Friend...

Hey Knotties!
I am trying to help my friend find some venues that will work for her. Here's what I need:
-Her budget is around $4000 for the venue, plus appetizers and seating.
-She is expecting around 115 people.
-She isn't picky about whether it will work for ceremony and reception, or just reception.
-Also, she is more of a "modern" bride, so probably more of a "city" look.
-She'd like to stay as close to Dallas as possible.

Any recommendations?

TIA!

Re: Looking for a Reception Venue for a Friend...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    She is wanting one that is not DIY correct?
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have no idea about budget, etc. but someone on here mentioned a place called 7 Senses a while back and it looked neat and is supposed to be budget friendly I think.  Lynn Michelle has some pics on an old blog post.
  • Options
    Rachee7Rachee7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Not sure how DIY she'd be willing to go...I'd say she'd probably be ok with some, but not 100%.

• Options
    danielle16_17danielle16_17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if she talked to the atruims at park west they could give her a 3,000 food and beverage min - they are willing to work with any budget  its a 1,000 for a cermony but other than that I dont know of another that is under 5,000
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have her check with The Village Country Club.  That should be within her budget.
  • Options
    amberproamberpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure about prices, but when I was looking both 2626 Commerce and the Hickory Street Annex had a modern feel.  I think 2616 Commerce is DIY and the space is around $4,000 if I remember corectly.
    photo images_zps41edd072.jpg

Carter born 5/28/11
    BFP 9/27/12 EDD 6/11/13, MC 9wks, no HB

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Old Red courthouse and museum in downtown dallas. It's the old historic courhouse that's been renovated. I can't remember what the prices are for saturdays, but I'm getting married there on a Sunday and its less than $2500 for the space and it includes tables and chairs
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge: My Dress
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've seen some ladies post about The Pump House or something likm that at White Rock? It looked cool.
  • Options
    Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure Hickory Street Annex is $5000--unfortunate, because she would love it!

Definitely check out 7 Senses--really neat vibe. The owners are awesome too. If anything, it's worth it just to see because it is sooooo cool!

7senses.biz
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Starlight Room owned by Jim Lee Events.

It's the old Planet Hollywood in the WestEnd. Very city chic. They also are VERY negotiable on their prices and their food is amazing. She can call (214.228.3454) or email (rachel@jimleeevents.com) Rachel Pumfrey - she's awesome! They also have many other spaces besides the Starlight Room and Rachel can help with any. Tell her to say Lindsey & Tony sent her!

http://jimleeevents.com/index.htm
  • Options
    RandysBride06RandysBride06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

suggest that she look at winfrey point at white rock lake.  pib

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards