Flowers

How long to get quotes?

Hi ladies, I met with two florists a while ago. We really liked both of them and would be happy with either choice. It will most likely come down to who is a better fit for our budget.

They promised me quotes within two weeks, and we are approaching the 3 week mark from when we had our consultation. I haven't heard anything from either florist. I'm wondering, is this typical? No other vendor has taken this long to get back to me with a proposal, most are very eager to move forward!

I don't want to harass the florists since they said they are swamped with proposals right now, but we want to get the flowers wrapped up soon!

Thanks!

Re: How long to get quotes?

• When you hit the 3 week mark give them a call and see what is going on with your quote.

As for getting things wrapped up, just relax a bit.  Your wedding is not until September.  You actually could have waited until about May to book a florist.  Also with Valentine's Day coming up this is a crazy time for florists.

Just give them a call and ask.  If they don't have it ready yet don't worry, they will get back to you.

• weird, everything i've read says to do flowers 6-8 months out. i'm doing it now so i don't lose my mind over the summer, and can relax a little bit. sounds pretty smart to me, no?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_how-long-to-get-quotes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:eaffc851-25a3-44a7-91cf-07c5d47141b6Post:8b14bfe1-cb02-4d37-83cc-87af302a61a9">Re: How long to get quotes?</a>:
    [QUOTE]weird, everything i've read says to do flowers 6-8 months out. i'm doing it now so i don't lose my mind over the summer, and can relax a little bit. sounds pretty smart to me, no?
    Posted by klily58[/QUOTE]

With a lot of things in the wedding industry, those lists tend to rush you and make you feel stressed.  But in reality a whole wedding can be planned in 6-8 months so booking a florist 6-8 months out is a bit on the extreme side.

• I visited 2 florists and both gave me quotes before I left the shop.

• I sure can't for the life of me figure out how the florist can give you a specific quote so far out from your wedding unless you know every detail. We give general ranges of what things cost.Most florists will tell you right upfront if you are being unrealistic. I get a little irritated when brides choose a florist just because they have the lowest quote. You should pick a florist by experience,recomendations from your friends, and how you "bond" with them.....budget can always be worked out. JMO
  • The florist I used to work for would give an estimated quote and also provide somewhat of a range.  She made it known to clients that floral prices vary during the year and that her quotes were an estimate of what she believes it would cost to do their wedding at current prices. 

This is why brides need to be flexible when it comes to what flowers are used at their wedding.  Florists can switch around flowers to stay within the budget but still keep the same feel and color scheme as what the bride wants.  It is when the brides request specific flowers and will not budge from that where a problem could arise.

I also agree that price should not be a deciding factor, but it should be something a bride should consider along with other aspects.

• I emailed a florsit and told him how many bouquets, how many bouts and what kind of flowers I wanted to use. I got a quote the same day.

As PP mentioned, Valentine's Day is right around the corner and florists are busy. You have plenty of time so I'd wait until after the holiday hub-bub to follow up.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards