California-Bay Area

DJ Information

Does anyone know how much the going rate is for a DJ in the Bay Area? What are you all paying and what is included with that price? Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: DJ Information

• leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I got three quotes ranging from about $800 to $2000 for ceremony and reception, 5.5 hours of music. That includes sound system, microphones, etc.
  • edited December 2011
    They were averaging around $1300-$1500 when my sis got married last year.
  • ElleestJennElleestJenn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is $600 from 3:30 to 10. He's a friend of mine is giving me a great deal obviously. He's doing ceremony, cocktail, dinner and dance music, and providing a microphone for the ceremony. But everyone who I talked to at the bridal shows would start at $1500. 
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    The DJ we chose is also a Latin guitarist.  To have him perform acoustic guitar for the ceremony (including mic for the officiant) and dj the cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing (6hrs total) is going to cost us $1,800.  His going rate is $1,600 for that package but we have to pay for an additional sound system since the dinner and reception are in two different locations.  His name is Spencer Sutherlandand he's based out of Berkeley and he's based out of Berkeley but travels all over the Bay Area: http://www.sutherlandmusic.com/
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We used Best DJ's San Jose.  Chris Jones is the owner and DJ.  He's my aunt's boss so he played our ceremony and reception for $600.
    My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • edited December 2011
    i got quotes for $850 and $900 for 4 hours on a friday night (reception only). our wedding is in december though so i don't know if that affects the price. the quote included set up, microphone, lighting, break down of equipment.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

We are getting married on a Friday in May, in Livermore.  The prices we found were between $1600-2000+ for 6-hours depending on the package.  We wanted the DJ to be our MC and for him/her to be classy and set the tone at our wedding.

After looking for months, we got a great deal, our DJ is playing 5 hours for  a little over $1300.  We are having mariachis play at the cocktail hour (those were $$$!) and the DJ will play at the ceremony and reception.  The company is called 21st Century Sounds. 

Most places offered open houses where you can go meet the DJ's and see their style....I would highly recommend that you do that if it is offered.

Good Luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards