Iowa-Quad Cities
Options

David's Bridal in CR or DSM

Just wondering if any of you ladies have gone to DB in CR or DSM. I found my dress there and am a little worried about purchasing it.  I have heard all sorts of horror stories (from others that didn't use these stores) and realize experiences are store based. Just wondering what your experiences where with the purchasing and alterations! TIA!

Re: David's Bridal in CR or DSM

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I cannot stand David's Bridal.  The cheaper prices are appealing, but their alterations were not good for my best friend's wedding, and I vowed never to give them my business. 

The one in DSM seemed nice to you for your initial appointment.  Once they have you roped in, they give zero personal attention.

For my sister's wedding, DB died shoes black.  They turned out navy blue and the dye they used was all over us (the BM) feet.  It was cheaply done and not worth it.

Just my 2 cents--good luck!
  • Options
    nicholeinicholei member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It soesn't really answer you specific question and I'm not sure where exactly you are in IA, but I had great luck with the D-port store.  I haven't had alterations done yet, so I can't speak to that.  But I was VERY hesitant to even go to a DB from the horror stories I had heard and I ended up very plesantly surprised.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at the DB in CR and I love it. I agree with the lack of attention. I bought my dress without even seeing it first because it was online and they only had one left and it had to be shipped. When the dress came in the didn't help me try it on or have anything ready for me even tho I had an appointment. I haven't had alterations done yet but I think I will get them done there because if something goes wrong they will have to fix it. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine got her dress at DB in CR. Her consultant was great, very friendly and helpful however they ordered her the wrong dress! The consultant was very apologetic and clearly felt terrible about the mix up. Fortunately they were able to order the right dress in time but it was a couple hundred dollars more than  the dress they ordered for her and that she had paid for. The manager was rude to the bride and didnt offer any apologies or discounts.  
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know a lot of brides have told me they felt ignored or rushed at the CR store. I am buying my dress from thier on-line store and having it altered (Im sure it will be WAY to long) by my personal seamtress here in CR.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 66 image Invited
    45 image Are ready to party
  • Options
    Who do you have as seamstress in cr? I am having my dress and bm dresses made and shipped but do not know of any alterations person as of yet?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards