Snarky Brides

Is she seriously this dumb?

Ok....so everything about our wedding is falling in to place so nicely.  We are getting married on a Tuesday evening, so we got our date and reception site no sweat and half price.  SWEET!  We are totally ahead of the game....

And then I try to set aside a block of rooms.

First, the regional sales manager has to ask me ten times about the date.  I told her in the first conversation...yes, its a Tuesday...I know that's a little unusual.....and its like she doesn't believe me!  Then, she loses all my information.  Then, when she emails me my contract (after I asked her to send me a HARD COPY) its not my contract.  Its someone else's contract, and it has this other couple's personal information all over it.  Seriously, if I were a dishonest person, I could steal these people's identities.

Then, I ask her for ANOTHER hard copy.  She loses my mailing address.  I email her my address.  I get an auto responce.....she's out of the office for the next week.

Seriously....has she ever done this before?  GAH!!!!!

Re: Is she seriously this dumb?

• Ouch. Have you considered doing this elsewhere? She seams unorganized. If money and time permits maybe look into another location. It is not worth the stress- especially if you think the day of the wedding is going ot be messed up.
  • Is there anyone else you can deal with? It would suck to lose a venue or hotel because the person was an idiot. She's either genuinely stupid, or just doesn't care enough to be organized. And sending someone else's personal info is so unprofessional, I'd worry about her doing the same thing to my information.

I'd see about working with someone else if possible. Otherwise, it might be safer to go somewhere else.
  • oh YIKES!! that kind of ridic disorganization reminds me of every single advisor at my college. i agree with seshat...find if there is someone else you can deal with. or at least get some money off the rooms since she's been such a pain to work with!!
    good luck!
    Fast & Furious! Together - 10/17/09 Engaged - 1/1/10 Wedding - 8/20/2010
  • Omigosh, reserving a hotel block was the worst part of our wedding planning experience so far too!  It's like pulling teeth!  We called 5-6 times to try to set something up with the actual hotel, and then they finally told us to call their national reservation service (this is Marriott hotels by the way), and then they referred us back to our local hotel.  It took us FIVE (5) months to finally reserve 20 rooms.  Ridiculous.  If they weren't so extremely convenient (as in half a block from our reception) we would have left them long ago.  

I must know, is yours a Marriott hotel as well?  
  • WOW... we visited a bunch of hotels in the area and purposely went with the one who had the most knowledgable/friendly/helpful coordinator. If I were you... I'd send her another email thanking her for her time, but letting her know that with this experience you don't want to trust her with your wedding guests. Leave it at that, then move on and find another one. What a pain!!!
  • Yes!!!  It is a marriott!!  So glad I'm not the only one!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_she-seriously-this-dumb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:008467d2-d93c-4ff9-b340-b6e07d63f42ePost:d4b730d2-5295-434b-8611-179b50ecb619">Re: Is she seriously this dumb?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Omigosh, reserving a hotel block was the worst part of our wedding planning experience so far too!  It's like pulling teeth!  We called 5-6 times to try to set something up with the actual hotel, and then they finally told us to call their national reservation service (this is Marriott hotels by the way), and then they referred us back to our local hotel.  It took us FIVE (5) months to finally reserve 20 rooms.  Ridiculous.  If they weren't so extremely convenient (as in half a block from our reception) we would have left them long ago.   I must know, is yours a Marriott hotel as well?  
    Posted by JHS16[/QUOTE]

That's ridiculous, but I wouldn't blame Marriott in general.  I just did my hotel blocks yesterday, one of them with Marriott, and it was the easiest thing in the world.
    Married 10/2/10
  • I used to work for Marriott, so I am really surprised that you are having such a horrible experience with them.  I would call and ask to speak to the Sales Manager or if that is her title then the General Manager.  I would mention that you also received someone else's information instead of your contract and they should work out a deal with you.  Good luck!
  • www.hotelplanner.com

Will save you lots of time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • hotel Sales people hate brides and their room blocks.  They never fill up and their more trouble than their worth.  That's why so little effort is put into helping you.  Just tell your guest where to stay and let them make their own reservations. 

IVF#1 May 2011 15 Eggs Retrieved, 11 Fertilized using ICSI + HPT on 6/9/11 Beta #1 420 Beta #2 2167 US 7/1 TWINS!! Due 2/18/2012 Brooke and Nora born at 35.6 weeks Jan 20th 2012
  • You need to find something else. For sure.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_she-seriously-this-dumb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:008467d2-d93c-4ff9-b340-b6e07d63f42ePost:25d75b0f-034e-4b15-afbc-8b46e995de33">Re: Is she seriously this dumb?</a>:
    [QUOTE]hotel Sales people hate brides and their room blocks.  They never fill up and their more trouble than their worth.  That's why so little effort is put into helping you.  Just tell your guest where to stay and let them make their own reservations. 
    Posted by lmydogally[/QUOTE]

Wedding blocks aren't considered "good" business, but it also depends on who you work with. Try to go for a boutique or independant hotel over a national chain. You'll get much more personal service. But DON'T go through hotelplanner.com!!!! Someone takes a commission from those rooms, and hotels HATE paying commissions!!! Also, you may be quoted a higher rate (to balance out the money lost to commissions) than if you had called the hotel directly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards