Chit Chat

Time???

Anyone else at the point of feeling a bit overwhelmed? 

I just got engaged the end of August and he set the date for January (we'll be moving shortly after - that's why doing it so soon) and now all I can think about while at work is that I need to get the tree up, wrap presents, AND finish everything on the wedding "to do" list. 

Anyone have a cloning machine?  I really could use about 5 more of me lol.

Re: Time???

• I agree, take one thing at a time. You could also consider talking to a planner. You can do al la carte type things. The only way I stay sane is working on ONE thing at a time. I research that one thing, call around about it, compare, etc. then I execute! lol.

Good luck! Remember we're all here to help with anything!
  • I can't help on the wedding planning front, but there are ways to make Christmas easier on yourself. Trees are supposed to be jolly and happy and if it's stressing you out, put off getting it up, or get a smaller one that's easier to decorate. And gift wrapping stresses you out, buy gift bags.
  • Yeah I would definitely ditch the holiday decorating this year, or skimp on it.  Not only will it stress you putting them up, you will have the stress of taking it down before the wedding, or coming back from your wedding or honeymoon to it still up.  Ditto sister about doing gift bags, or just buy everyone gift cards. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • With it being so close & short notice.. I'd def. be looking into planners!

good luck :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks everyone for the advise!  Luckily shopping and wrapping is done (wrapping is my favorite part). 

I've been able to enlist the  help of some family for this weekend to help with the wedding "to do" and also found out last night that there's a lot of decorations for the reception that I can borrow from my Mom's church.  Also found I'll be laid off soon for the holidays which is kind of a small blessing, it gives me time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards