Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Wedding Vows! Right from the heart? or book?

I've never been to many weddings and I've always wondered, would it be more traditonal to read wedding vows from a book? Or pouring your heart out?? On my opinion only i can truely say what's in my heart. A book cannot determine how i feel about my fiance, I would rather want to speak whats in my heart, and cry in front of him because he knows everything that Im stating is true!!! soo what are your opinions??

Re: Wedding Vows! Right from the heart? or book?

• Options
    mcskatcatmcskatcat member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    It sounds like you know what you want to do, so I say go for it.  It doesn't matter what others did.
  • Options
    We're doing both.  If that helps.  :)
  • Options
    Speaking from your heart  is always quite meaningful...especially for times like these! :) Go for it!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options
    Just a suggestion:

I, Jake, take you, Alexis, / to be my wife. / I promise to walk by your side forever / to love, help, and encourage you / in all that you choose to do. / I will trust you and honor you. / I will love you faithfully through the best and the worst, / through the difficult and the easy. / Come what may, I will always be there for you / as your partner, lover, and best friend. / Everything I am and everything I have is now ours to share forevermore.

I, Alexis, take you, Jake, to be my husband. / I promise to walk by your side forever / and to love, help, and encourage you / in all that you choose to do. / I will trust you and honor you. / I will love you faithfully / through the best and the worst, / through the difficult and the easy. / Come what may, I will always be there for you / as your partner, lover, and best friend. / As I have given you my hand to hold, / so I give you my heart to keep.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards