Michigan-Detroit
Options

Question about including email in std

Is it okay to do something like this to include with the stds? Our venue holds 160 only but we have more than 160 that we would love to invite. Would it be okay to include  something like this:

Please email us at:

"               "@yahoo.com for questions/concerns or if you already know that you will be unable to attend.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Question about including email in std

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It is fine to put that for questions or concerns but I wouldn't put if you know you aren't able to attend.  They shouldn't have to tell you they aren't coming until they get your invite.  Then what happens if you don't send them an invite and they are able to attend?  They might feel bad if they don't get an invite at all.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm...this is tricky...I think etiquette would say not to do this. Once people know when you are getting married via the STD, I'm sure if they can't attend it will somehow get back to you and likewise if they can attend. The STD is not the invitation so if you happen to find out a few people won't be able to make it for whatever reason, then you can include a few more people you would like to invite and send invitations to but maybe you didn't send a STD to. I'm only sending STD to out of town people so not everyone will get them. STD are sent out so far in advance anyways that I think for most people it would be hard to determine for sure whether someting will come up in the next 6 months i.e. business trip, etc. My FI and I are only inviting 130 people so I can totally appreciate wanting to know whether people will be there or not, I just think it may be difficult for people to let you know "for sure" that far in advance. Plus, the purpose of the STD is for them to STD for your wedding... 
  • Options
    jleigh1902jleigh1902 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think if your venue holds 160 you should only invite 160. I think it would be rude to send someone a save the date and then not an invitation.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't do the e-mail thing. Especially the part where it says to e-mail you if they already know they cannot make it. Send them the invite. Also, don't invite more than 160 people. Or if you'd like to do that, have a B-list.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay thanks girls! We are only a few people over the 160 and that's mostly for great aunts and uncles. We will hold them off the list unless we get some no's back with the invitations :) I left the email out!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards