Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Re: Spanking the bride?

• No possible way that is an actual tradition.  Just my opinion though :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • meep2meep2 member
    First Comment
    I'm hoping that her dad pulled out a plastic brush from CVS that couldn't have been passed down from generation to generation, and on her wedding day will simply say "You idiot, we're not going to spank you, we just wanted to test whether you're smart enough to get married. Obviously not."
  • Surely that is MUD.  How ridiculous.
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • ok.. awkward... 
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_spanking-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:36Discussion:61911892-1a97-4b4c-b6c7-25ccc8b1a9cdPost:524a8a40-027f-4e16-a9b1-be9655cccbb8">Re: Spanking the bride?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm hoping that her dad pulled out a plastic brush from CVS that couldn't have been passed down from generation to generation, and on her wedding day will simply say "You idiot, we're not going to spank you, we just wanted to test whether you're smart enough to get married. Obviously not."
    Posted by meep2[/QUOTE]

ROTF LMAO!!
  • I'm hoping this is a silly joke. But domestic violence isn't a joke, so even if it is a joke - I'm disgusted.

Planning Bio
    Married 9/15/11

*This is Not Legal Advice*
  • I've never heard of this, and I'm pretty skeptical to believe that this is actually a "tradition" that anybody follows.

But on the chance that it's real, that's not "traditional", it's abuse.

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• Sounds like "domestic discipline."  There are some couples, generally "Christian," that practice this.  The husband is the authority and if the wife gets out of line it is his job to discipline her.  It disgusts me.  If you want to know more about it, google domestic discipline.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_spanking-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:61911892-1a97-4b4c-b6c7-25ccc8b1a9cdPost:42949866-0db3-4936-af37-343ad80536a3">Re: Spanking the bride?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sounds like "domestic discipline."  There are some couples, generally "Christian," that practice this.  The husband is the authority and if the wife gets out of line it is his job to discipline her.  It disgusts me.  If you want to know more about it, google domestic discipline.
    Posted by DramaGeek[/QUOTE]
    That's just S&M wrapped in scripture. Different strokes for different folks.

It's the father spanking his adult daughter that disturbs me.
  • I always thought S&M was more in terms of sex, whereas this is all about punishing the wife, and not in role play.  Wife makes dinner late, she gets punished.  Sometimes a spanking, sometimes other things.  There is no safe word, and the woman think they deserve it.  It saddens me.
  • It has been deleted... but from the PPs I understand that a father was spanking his adult daughter-bride? Crrrrazy. Sad, but still crazy. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards