Delaware

Is anyone...

following the Something Old, New, Borrowed, Blue custom? If so...what are they? I'm not superstitious but I think it would be fun for traditional value and I kind of like the idea of carrying a token that is reminiscent of someone that is/was near and dear to me on one of the most special days of my life.
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Is anyone...

• Dnyce7282Dnyce7282 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am... my mom wants to be "in charge" of gathering that for me... I think though I will use my shoes or a piece of jeweler that I wear that day as my "something new" though
  • wicked_faerywicked_faery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm thinking of borrowing the veil i had made for my sister last year, having blue flowers in my bouquet, something new being the necklace my FI got me for xmas this past year...or maybe that'll be considered old by then...other than that, i don't know yet.
    ~~~~June 15th 2011~~~~ Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic My Planning Bio - Updated Nov 2nd
  • edited December 2011
    I did that for my wedding. 
    Something old: my spanx and my late grandmom's small star pin that I wore pinned to my gown
    Something new: my gown and veil
    Something borrowed: my MIL's pearl brooch that she wore for her 3rd wedding.  I pinned it to my bouquet.  She wasn't able to come to the wedding so it was nice to have something of hers with me
    Something blue:  my underware :)
  • Mattsbride10Mattsbride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_delaware_anyone-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:77Discussion:9198f5c3-5c75-4c15-b0c4-76a9d6152cb6Post:7d3902d3-ec99-4314-9c8d-ae2989f0b056">Re: Is anyone...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I did that for my wedding.  Something old: my spanx and my late grandmom's small star pin that I wore pinned to my gown Something new: my gown and veil Something borrowed: my MIL's pearl brooch that she wore for her 3rd wedding.  I pinned it to my bouquet.  She wasn't able to come to the wedding so it was nice to have something of hers with me Something blue:  my underware :)
    Posted by Mrs.LuraT[/QUOTE]

I think I'm gonna steal the blue underwear idea. I like that one!

Thats funny you put spanx in the old category.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    These aren't final yet, but I think I'm doing...

Old - Great-gma's ring or pin
    New - my wedding gown, shoes, hair accessory etc.
    blue - little bow sewn on the inside of my garter
    borrowed - not sure yet?
  • edited December 2011
    I am hitting 3 in 1:  My old, borrowed, and blue are a saphirre necklace and earring set that belonged to FI's great-great-grandmother, and now belongs to his mom.

My dress is new.
  • edited December 2011

Old: a bonnet FMIL got when FI was born.  It came with a little card explaining how to cut the bonnet strings to turn it into a hanky for the baby's future bride :)
    New: my dress/veil
    Borrowed: one bobbie pin from each of my bridesmaids to go in my updo
    Blue: my garter has a blue ribbon running through it

*Lauren*
    Married Bio! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My something old and something blue was the same item....my mom used her wedding dress to make me a handkercheif and she had it our initals stitched on it in blue.

My something borrowed was a bracelet from my mom

my something new was my dress.
  • edited December 2011
    **mattsbride**

I had worn my spanx to other weddings I had gone to that year (4 knottie weddings), and I was going to wear them under my gown, so it became my something old.  LOL.  LOVE SPANX!

My blue underwear was a very light blue so it wouldn't show through the gown (not that it would with the spanx). :)

I also had a blue handkerchief that my MIL sewed for me that I wore tucked into my bodice.  She sewed little rosettes on them.  I had forgotten about it until Michelle above mentioned her mom's handkercheif. 
  • Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I definetly am doing it!  So far my thoughts are...
    Old: ???
    Borrowed: Stefanas (greek crowns) or my veil
    New: Shoes or dress or any item :)
    Blue: Love the underwear idea! Or my shoes. Or the bracelet I got from FMIL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards