Maryland

Reception budget...HELP!

I have a budget of 15k for my entire reception (venue plus all food) and have 120 guests.  I want a venue on the water but am quickly learning that is not possible.  My big must have is a "all in one" type of place.  Does anyone have any suggestions that would keep my costs under 15k? Thanks!

Re: Reception budget...HELP!

• jenwen32jenwen32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look at Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa.  I am so excited to have my ceremony and reception there...the venue (for ceremony AND reception), food, drinks, etc. for 120ish people should run me just under 15k.  It was, by far, the most affordable venue I visited. 
  • MEGS_UMDMEGS_UMD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at Kent Manor Inn - It is on the water with both ceremony/reception at the same spot. I think our costs were around your budget for both the venue rental and the food/beverages, but I was at the beginning of the season (the last week before the May rates kicked in) so that helped as well.
  • edited December 2011
    You should look into Windows on the Bay catering. I am not sure if the restaurant is operating but the food is divine! My fiance and I ate their for the first time last year and we have been meaning to go back but just haven't found the time.  According to their website, they are doing off premise catering now and have 6 venues that they work with.   One of the venues appears to be on the water - Bayside Marina Resort.  I'm not familiar with that venue, but it might be worth investigating.

http://www.windowswaterfront.com/catering.htm

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Also, my venue, what I refer to as a hidden treasure, is an "all in one" place located in the heart of Baltimore City.  I am getting married in the courtyard and having the reception in the ballroom.  There are a list of caterers to choose from, but the rest of the vendors are up to you and many venues do not have that policy.  Two of the caterers we are interested in using will also allow me to supply my own bar (sodas, water, and all alcoholic beverages!).  I am having a smaller wedding so that works out really well for me.  Here is my venue - also worth investigating (I know you said you wanted something on the water, but there is a lovely fish pond in the courtyard if that helps :) ):

www.chasecourt.com (Dave, the proprietor, is a pleasure to work with)

Also, all of the venue pricing is listed on the website which is something many places don't do!
  • rmaste1rmaste1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of the help! I actually have an appointment with Cheasapeake Resort and Spa this weekend.  Chasecourt is really nice if I have to give up my dream water wedding I might give them a visit.  Thanks!!
  • edited December 2011
    Look into the Port Annapolis Marina-- it is gorgeous-- it is around $3500 to rent and then you can bring in your own caterer and stuff. I loved it, but have over 150 and  it only accomodates 150... good luck
  • jen19821127jen19821127 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am in the same boat, so many useful info.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards