Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Beware of Sir D's Catering!

BEWARE BRIDES! I thought this caterer was going to be it for me. The price seemed right and the coordinator was nice. The venue requires caterers not on their approved list to submit a brief application and proof of insurance. "No problem!" they said "we submitted it" they said. Well came to find out that not only did they not submit the necessary information to our venue, but Sir D's is well aware they are banned from the venue due to a previous incident! When I first contacted them they could have made up any excuse as to why they don't go to my venue and I would have simply moved on. Instead, they decided to lie to me on multiple occasions, string me along for months, and waste precious time that I should have been using to find a caterer that could actually serve at my venue. Maybe you won't have any problems but I certainly would take a company's lack of professionalism and ethics into consideration when you are planning to spend thousands of dollars on one of the most memorable days of your life.
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Beware of Sir D's Catering!

• Options
    I'm sorry to hear that happened to you!  Thanks for the warning!
  • Options

First off I would like to apologize for any misunderstanding.  I did not lie to you.  I did submit a vendor application.  We have two companies, one is owned by Don Noss and the other by his Wife Carla Noss.  We have had difficulties in the past winning bids due to the preference of a woman owned company so they created an additional corporation.  

Before I started working with the Company Don did concession for the Zembo.  He did have an argument with one of the board members, however that has had to of been at least 7 years ago and that person is no longer there from what I understand.  I have not actually had inquiries from clients of the Zembo since I have been with Sir D’s.  As far as my knowledge goes the past was water under the bridge.  

I met with you to find out what your needs were and went through the necessary steps to get approval.  As far as the accusation goes that I just wanted to take your deposit, that is completely incorrect.  If that were the case I would have pursued the matter further.  If you remember our initial contact was in May.  And I believe I didn’t hear from you again until August.  I may have send you a follow up e-mail but that is standard procedure.  You had engaged me, I did what you asked, and as a Company we tried to rectify a situation that occurs many years ago and should no longer be a valid point.

You are welcome to form your own opinion, however if you would like documentation that I did indeed submit the vendor for I would be happy to provide that to you.

• Options
    In Response to Re:Beware of Sir D's Catering!:[QUOTE]BEWARE BRIDES! I thought this caterer was going to be it for me. The price seemed right and the coordinator was nice. The venue requires caterers not on their approved list to submit a brief application and proof of insurance. "No problem!" they said "we submitted it" they said. Well came to find out that not only did they not submit the necessary information to our venue, but Sir D's is well aware they are banned from the venue due to a previous incident! When I first contacted them they could have made up any excuse as to why they don't go to my venue and I would have simply moved on. Instead, they decided to lie to me on multiple occasions, string me along for months, and waste precious time that I should have been using to find a caterer that could actually serve at my venue. Maybe you won't have any problems but I certainly would take a company's lack of professionalism and ethics into consideration when you are planning to spend thousands of dollars on one of the most memorable days of your life. Posted by rlmarroc[/QUOTE]

Did you find another caterer?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards