Florida-South Florida
Options

How many is too many?

How many hotels for the guests are too many?

I got the Hyatt, The Breakers, and I'm looking at Bradley Park too.

I want to keep it at three, because then I'll have 3 price ranges.

What do you reckon is enough? Am I exaggerating with 3?

Re: How many is too many?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If all three are vary in price range, I don't think it's too many - you are giving your guests options!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    Jeni10cscJeni10csc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    as long as they have different price ranges, I think 3 is perfect!
  • Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I only did 2. I gave them two price ranges about $60 difference. If they didnt like either of those options, they were free to look elsewhere. Don't drive yourself crazy with it. 
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just did room blocks at one hotel, and then posted about 3 or 4 different hotels on our website and told them they were free to look at these other ones in the area. Three is good though.
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Jilly -- I did 2... a few guests have decided to stay elsewhere and that's up to them.

I think 3 is great - very good but no more needed! :)

...p.s. keep in mind, if you're doing OOT bags you'll have to job them off at all 3 hotels! just another thing to think about.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we just did one, but we got an excellent rate for in season at the marriott- $83.00
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We only did room blocks at 1, but we listed several hotels on our website in varying price ranges.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am doing one only... because not that many people are going to be staying at a hotel.

There aren't a lot of hotels in Stuart, near where my Reception will be... but I was able to get the Courtyard Marriott for $79 a night.

There is a Holiday Inn express across the street, but it got very bad reviews and the Manager did not return my calls about a group rate. On our website I am providing another hotel, but it is not much cheaper... $69/night... but it is farther away.

Should I provide more than one hotel option in the Accomodations insert in the invitations?? I can, but it looks cramped! ::::sigh:::

Jen, I have no idea how you are going to be able to provide 3 on your insert!! I'd love to see pics once you get them done!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    allik1981allik1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We only did 1 hotel.  We figured that way it would keep everyone together so they would get to hang out and see each other all weekend (all of the OOT are our friends and his family) plus we got an awesome rate - $89 a night at the Hilton Suites in Boca Raton.  We're also providing transportation from the hotel to the wedding for our guests so we didn't want to have a bus going all over town to pick people up. I would say no more than 3, otherwise might as well keep everyone close together.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I gave three price point options.
    Number Atttending 10 image Number Declined 37 image Number Not Replied 240 image
    RSVP Date: September 1
    /image>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Bio
  • Options
    Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I am only have one room block at the Boca Raton Marriott...$83.00
    The hotel down the street was offering me $79..but not worth the hassle of room blocks there for $4.00...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards