Connecticut
Options

Booked our venue!!!

We put in our deposit at Glastonbury Hills Country Club!!! YAY!!! Anyone know of any good and reasonably priced photographers in the area??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Booked our venue!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We were going to go look at GHCC - but then we fell in love with another venue, and never even got around to seeing it. The pictures on their website are STUNNING.

We're using Tim Nosenzo (timnosenzophoto.com) He's based out of Danbury, but totally willing to travel, and his rates are very reasonable (inmyopinion)

What's you're wedding date??

Congrats on booking! That's huge :)
  • Options
    Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_booked-venue-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:a56b970a-b68b-4b5b-9e6f-d62951fcab4aPost:26ac6bd1-207d-48af-af85-4ecc1a3c132b">Booked our venue!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We put in our deposit at Glastonbury Hills Country Club!!! YAY!!! Anyone know of any good and reasonably priced photographers in the area??
    Posted by LaurenG1986[/QUOTE]

Congrats! What price range were you thinking for a photog?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Our photography is HK Photography; great prices and LOVE the pics on their blog!
    http://hk-photography.com/
    We actually have our engagement pics tonight (FINALLY) so we'll be on their blog soon enough!

As for Glastonbury Hills, congrats!  I was in a wedding there and they did everything VERY well!  Beautiful view from the main room.  :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Alison Alger - she's out of Westfield, Ma but will likely travel to the area. Check out www.alisonmariephotography.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also check out Amanda Taylor at atayloredpicture.com. She's pretty affordable and has done lots of weddings at ghcc Congrats on booking, when's your date?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cdbishopcdbishop member
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations! Huge check off the list!

I am using Brooke Allison Photography.  She is in Milford, but willing to travel to Glastonbury I believe. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on a BIG check! We are using Mia Paige Photography (www.miapaigephotography.com). Shannon is excellent, I met with her a few months ago and booked her on the spot! And our total package is around $2K which includes a second photographer too. GL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    check out Claudia at fabuluxephotos.com and her blog is fabuluxephotos.net. She was mine and a couple of the other girls are using her too. She's fantastic.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_booked-venue-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:a56b970a-b68b-4b5b-9e6f-d62951fcab4aPost:f82fc72d-c423-4d3e-a754-c40959d5e710">Re: Booked our venue!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]"check out Claudia at fabuluxephotos.com and her blog is fabuluxephotos.net. She was mine and a couple of the other girls are using her too. She's fantastic."
    Posted by mwitter80[/QUOTE]

<font color="#ff00ff">DITTO! Love Claudia. Especially since my epics are almost done and will be posted by tomorrow! Can't wait! lol

</font>
  • Options
    LaurenG1986LaurenG1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for all your help!!! Our date is August 11, 2012!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Amazing817Amazing817 member
    First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Capture Photography! You can check out her facebook page or website, SO REASONABLE!!! Love MaryBeth!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Another vote for Claudia at Fabuluxe Photos! www.fabuluxephotos.net or .com
  • Options
    Carebear62584Carebear62584 member
    edited December 2011

Depends what you are looking for.  Studio1923 (Jerome Braga) is amazing.  He's on the expensive side but includes a lot in his packages and he is amazing.  Vanessa's picture in her signature is by him.  One big thing to pay attention to when booking your photographer that a lot of people don't think of is to make sure you get the rights to your photos.  If you don't have the rights, you cannot make copies at walmart, shutterfly, etc.  You have to purchase all of your pictures through your photographer which can get very expensive!

• Options
    rswan412rswan412 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats, what a huge CHECK! I'm using Ashley from AE Stelzer Photography- she's based in Boston but willing to travel- it really depends on what you are looking for in a photographer. I was okay with having someone who was new to the field, Ashley is in her first "official" wedding season, but has a good amount of experience and our personalities totally meshed well together- her site is www.aestelzer.com- let her know how much you want to spend and she'll customize something! Let us know what you choose!
  • Options
    jacki8788jacki8788 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congrats!! we looked at GHCC but decided on another venue--I love those huge windows in the main room though.

our photographer is Tim from TAB Photographic: http://www.tabphotographic.com/
    he does amazing work and was willing to work within our budget. I honestly think his work is just as good as some of the more expensive photographers, if not better--I feel like we got an awesome deal and can't wait to take our engagement pics!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats - very exciting! Visual Obsession out of Hartford is very well priced and their work looks like a million bucks. Check them out :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_booked-venue-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:a56b970a-b68b-4b5b-9e6f-d62951fcab4aPost:1e2c8389-02c4-408b-9fc0-6d96c9b430d3">Re: Booked our venue!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our photography is HK Photography; great prices and LOVE the pics on their blog! <a href="http://hk-photography.com/" rel='nofollow'>http://hk-photography.com/</a> We actually have our engagement pics tonight (FINALLY) so we'll be on their blog soon enough! As for Glastonbury Hills, congrats!  I was in a wedding there and they did everything VERY well!  Beautiful view from the main room.  :)
    Posted by ali79ger@yahoo.com[/QUOTE]

We are using HK Photography also! They are amazing and SO reasonably priced!!! Also Congrats on your venue!! What a big check off the list!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    ajpufkyajpufky member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Carrie Draghi Photography, she's in South Glastonbury so knows the area well! Again she's a little on the expensive side, but she included the engagment session and an album in our package as well as all rights to the pictures after our album is done!
    My suggestion is to call or meet with a couple to find who "clicks" with you and your FI, we instantly hit it off with Carrie! Remember you will be spending a lot of time that day with your photog so you want someone you like and will add to your excitement!
    GL!
    Anniversarymy read shelf:
    Amanda P's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on booking the venue!  BIG CHECK! :)  We are wedding date twins, yay!  

I can't recommend my photographer, because shes taken lol!  But...I did do a lot of research before booking, so I would recommend trying Shades Shutters, Wendy and Traci are so nice, their work is really great and their prices are fantastic (IMO) http://shadesshutters.com/.  They are out of Milford and were my second choice if Shannon from Mia Paige wasn't available.

Good luck!
    imageMoo Moo Kitten is resting... Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    rabidbadgerrabidbadger member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Glastonbury Hills Country Club in April 2012! They're fantastic! We've stopped by twice now just to refamiliarize ourselves with the layout and he had us come in before a wedding on a Saturday to see how they set up their candy buffet table because we're having one. They're so great there and I just think its gorgeous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards