Massachusetts-Cape Cod

New Seabury Country Club & Accomodations

Hi everyone!
Has anyone gotten married at The New Seabury Country Club or Popponesset Inn & If so where did you have your guests stay? Im ok with a 2 night minimum but of course would prefer 1 night for guests. I also plan on having transportation for guests so Falmouth/Hyannis area is ok too. Which actually leads me to another question re: transportation- any ideas on who to contact?
Thank you in advance!
-Erin

Re: New Seabury Country Club & Accomodations

• edited December 2011
    You can check out hotelmapper.com. Put in the info you want and hotels will respond with 'bids' for your event. My wedding is in Falmouth, so I can tell you we are using Mariner Motel (very nice, flexible and pretty inexpensive, offered a limited number of 1 night stays), Inn on the Square (not flexible at all, but nice hotel) and Red Horse Inn. Admiralty Inn also does room blocks.

I have a friend getting married at Willowbend, so in Mashpee, and she is also using the Joseph Santuit Inn. I've hear the Cape Codder in Hyannis has fair room block policies as well.

The coordinator at New Seabury should be able to help too.
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting married at Poppy and most of our guests are staying in Falmouth. We have a room block at Inn on the Square (2 night min.). We're doing a shuttle for our guests through first student - it's just school bus, but the prices are reasonable and I don't think any of our guests will mind.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • jeniboujenibou member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what time of year are you getting married?  We are getting married at the Poppy in 3 weeks so shoulder season and most of our guests rented condos in Maushop Village (about a 2 minute drive from the Poppy) and you can rent directly from the owner on sites like cyberrentals and vaction rentals by owner....AND a lot of the time it ended up being cheaper than getting a hotel...especially if couples share a two bedroom condo.  This probably only works in the shoulder and off seasons though, as I imagine during the peak summers everone wants a one week minimum rental
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-cape-cod_new-seabury-country-club-accomodations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:94Discussion:37c59d46-a8a9-41d6-b7e4-48ebacc271a9Post:b0dd0a31-6403-47f8-90c4-58b90af0303f">Re: New Seabury Country Club & Accomodations</a>:
    [QUOTE]what time of year are you getting married?  We are getting married at the Poppy in 3 weeks so shoulder season and most of our guests rented condos in Maushop Village (about a 2 minute drive from the Poppy) and you can rent directly from the owner on sites like cyberrentals and vaction rentals by owner....AND a lot of the time it ended up being cheaper than getting a hotel...especially if couples share a two bedroom condo.  This probably only works in the shoulder and off seasons though, as I imagine during the peak summers everone wants a one week minimum rental
    Posted by jenibou[/QUOTE]

Good point. We are getting married Columbus day weekend and my family rented a 4 or 5 bedroom house for 4 days for only $600. It's a great deal if you are shoulder season.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your replies, very much appreciated. We're getting married June 2011. 
  • nunesie26nunesie26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi I am getting married at the Popp and we are telling our guests to stay at the Holiday Inn in Falmouth or the Inn on the Sq. in Falmouth. The room block situation is a little difficult because they want to left the block months before the wedding, but I am getting married late September, so i dont thing people will have to worry about getting a room. Also, neither of those places have two night minimums, I dont think. ..well not in September anyways. We are also using a scool bus for shuttling.
  • nunesie26nunesie26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just re-read what I wrote, and realized I can not type or spell.  That last post was supposed to look like this:

Hi I am getting married at the Popp and we are telling our guests to stay at the Holiday Inn in Falmouth or the Inn on the Sq. in Falmouth. The room block situation is a little difficult because they want to lift the block months before the wedding, but I am getting married late September, so i don’t thing people will have to worry about getting a room. Also, neither of those places have two night minimums, I don’t think. ..well not in September anyways. We are also using a school bus for shuttling.

Sorry!! LOL

• edited December 2011
    I just went to a wedding at The Poppy two weeks ago and we stayed at the Admiralty Inn in Falmouth (at the bride's recommendation).  It was disgusting to say the least.  Come to find out, the bride never visited to see it for herself, so most of the guests were all pretty bummed staying there on a two night minimum.  Shop around and good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Hello...I saw your post about the school bus rental...and I am wondering if you can share any more information about who you used and the cost?  Thanks so much!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards