North Carolina

NWR - Surprise Party Success

The surprise 35th birthday party for my FI was a success. He had no idea. I think we had between 30-40 adults and kids at the house. My two bridesmaids were great help. FI left the house at 1245 to go to the Wake Co. gun range. My bridesmaids were at the house by 1pm and we hit the ground running. So much chaos!!!!!

Most of the guests arrived by 2pm and FI got home around 230.

Picture is of everyone signging happy birthday with my pathetic attempt of a donut birthday cake...would have been super cute if I had more time to bake and frost the cake.

Now I get to spend the afternoon mopping the floor and cleaning the windows. Lots of finger prints and nose prints from our "lookouts" for the guest of honor.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NWR - Surprise Party Success

• edited December 2011
    Yaaayyyy....glad to hear it went well!!

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay! So glad it worked out! I think I would have blown it.
  • edited December 2011
    Haha! Sounds awesome! I can't believe you got it all ready in 1 hour! I might do this when my DH turns 30.  He isn't big on birthdays, but I am! :)
    image Matt & Ashley 5.08.10
  • CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome! I've wanted to do something like that but doubt I could pull it off without spilling the surprise. Good job! :)
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2011
    It was hard to not spill the beans.  I caught myself a few times about to make comments that would have tipped him off.  I had a lot of help from neighbors with stashing food at their houses. The one neighbor even cooked the three pork shoulders for me.

My FI thought I was having a Tastefully Simple party at the house. This gave me a reason to make some food ahead of time, but anything that was obviously for the party had to be purchased/made once he left the house.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards