November 2013 Weddings

Honeymoon Booking Timeline?

Hey ladies, I havent been too active on this board so I figured I would introduce myself, I'm Alex and I am getting married to my wonderful fiance on November 16, 2013 in NC!

I have a question for you all - when do you plan to book your honeymoon?  I know timelines for this can vary based on location but just wanted to get a ballpark since we havent really discussed our plan for that yet!

Re: Honeymoon Booking Timeline?

• We will likely book a few months out.  We arent totally sure where we are going yet, so we will make the decision closer to the wedding.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Same here. We know what city we want to go to, but we're not sure what hotel we want to stay at. It depends on how much money we can save leading up to the wedding. We'll probably book at least 3 months in advance, but no more than 6. We've got a bit more leeway too because we can't leave for our honeymoon immediately after the wedding- we have to wait until winter break (med school doesn't come with vacation days unfortunately).
    Anniversary
  • We're hoping to use our tax return to book our flights and then points from paying for the wedding to pay for the hotel...  We're just still trying to narrow down the location.  Right now we're between Hawaii or somewhere cold to go snowboarding.  Either way we want first class flights so we're trying to find the best deals for that and booking further out seems to be a better idea to save money.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 
      Visit The Knot!
  • edited December 2012
    We're working on earning points w/ credit cards to pay for our flights to Tanzania (not creating debt- we pay the cards off immediately but are using them for deposits and expenses we would be paying anyway). 

We should have enough points by the end of this month and plan to book ASAP.  We've already reasearched and picked out a tour company we plan to go through and begun working on our itinerary. 
  • I'm just a few days before you (November 10th) and we booked our honeymoon this week.  Cancun for 5 nights all-inclusive in a suite with a private terrace and dipping pool. We actually bought a livingsocial voucher for a basic room and paid to upgrade.

We just went for it - we figured the prices wouldn't go anywhere but up, especially the airfare.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_honeymoon-booking-timeline?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:7d190cf7-b80a-43d0-b94d-751b87bdf565Post:6426c9ec-d0c5-4dfb-8fc8-e0415501961d">Re: Honeymoon Booking Timeline?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance and I are getting married on 11/2/13, but we just started speaking with a travel agent (friend from college) about booking our honeymoon. After months of discussion, we decided that we're going to go to Iceland! It's someplace neither of us have gone, but we've had a strong interest in going for a while . We'd like to go for a week, since we have a bit of a bucket list, but we'll see what she recommends to us!
    Posted by smp87[/QUOTE]

Iceland is AMAZING!  My fiance and I went on our first trip together there...after only like 3 months dating LOL.  It's by far the best trip we've been on ever...we loved it so much we seriously tossed around the idea of doing it for our honeymoon but decided there are SOO many other places we would love to see.  You will love it- truly breath-taking. 
  • My fiance and I just booked our honeymoon over the holidays. His parents gave us a week at a timeshare villa for free so we are spending a week in Orlando, FL. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards