African American Weddings

RSVPS

I'm not sure on what to do about RSVPS. After months of reading about guests not sending back their RSVP cards and having to call and text people for their response I want to make a wise and decision and save all the money I can. So I'm thinking of having two RSVP options. 1. Guests can RSVP via our wedding website or 2. Mail back RSVP card. Both of these options will be indicated on the RSVP card but do I have to include a stamp on the pre-addressed envelope? I'm guessing it would be okay not to since there is another option. Opinions please and thank you!
Anniversary

Re: RSVPS

• I would inclue the stamp
  • You should include a stamp for those that aren't computer savvy or those that just want to send the card back.  Either way you will still have to track down people, it's just part of your wedding planning experience.

• kaimahkaimah member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited February 2012
    Include a stamp. Make it a postcard so, you spend less on postage. That's what I am doing. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I recently received a wedding invitation with a stamp on the response card and I appreciated it. But I'm not going to be upset if I had to use my own stamp.
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • How will you determine which guest get an RSVP card with a stamp?  I know generally we think the elderly will not use a website, but I've met and know quite a few older people who are on the internet just as much as me...lol  And I know some younger people who still don't have internet.  When it's time to mail my invitations, I'll probably include a stamp on the RSVP just in case, you never know.... Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image
  • I did not put stamps on our rsvp's because we did include the website option I paid so much for stamps to mail our invites that i was not going to give the post office no more of my money. Out of all the invites we mailed out we received 60 back already and only 2 of them were the actual postcards. I would be so mad if i paid for all them stamps to only have 2 people use them 
    image 99 Made the cut image 76 Are ready to party!
    image 23 Will be missing out YAYAYAY image 0 Need to find the mailbox because if they didn't already they no longer can come The RSVP deadline has passed this is the final count Wedding Countdown Ticker image CLick and check out My blog From Ms. To Mrs.
  • I would appreciate the stamp, but that is me.  Do what you think would be appropriate for you and within your circle.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Our guests had two options to respond; google voice or online rsvp. Most of the older guests called in via google voice. I didn't include an envelope or stamps with the response cards but 3 people sent back  their responses with their own envelopes and stamps.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_rsvps-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:975f9a30-1c6e-4bb4-94e1-6bcee9636ef5Post:05b4069c-2da1-454c-82a4-9e4533d9c657">Re: RSVPS</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our guests had two options to respond; google voice or online rsvp. Most of the older guests called in via google voice. I didn't include an envelope or stamps with the response cards but 3 people sent back  their responses with their own envelopes and stamps.
    Posted by chescam[/QUOTE]

This is an awesome idea! Cause I sure was just thinking I don't want to waste money purchasing stamps especially if I know most people won't return RSVP card.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We plan to use stamps for friends and most family. However some family has told us through word of mouth. And the bonus of that is that they are the one's who would not mail it back anyway.

**Don't forget to send your invites out based on households it may cut your stamp costs by a lot. I have 150 people to be invited but 68 households that need invitations.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I sent out postcard rsvp cards with a stamp. Some people still called or emailed. Part of me wishes I hadn't paid for the postage, ut it was the proper thing to do.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards