Military Brides

Dress Blues?

My Fiance is in the ARMY had has been for the past 2 years.  He has already been to AFG once and will go again the month after we get married. 

My question is, should he wear his Dress Blues to the wedding? 

He is still thinking about getting out (ETS) after he returns from the last tour, but hasn't made up his mind.

Opinions???

Re: Dress Blues?

• Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Its his choice.  My H chose not to wear his uniform for our wedding, which would have been his dress whites for our summer wedding.  But that was entirely his choice and I left the decision up to him.  He said since he barely gets to dress up without being in his uniform, he wanted to just wear a tux for the wedding.  I would have supported his decision either way though.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    If you look at previous threads, there is a lot of them talking about the same exact things. That might help you out.
    No Amount Of Distance Can Seperate The HeartPhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • VraechelVraechel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My husband is going to wear his uniform. He hardly wears the formal one. I think the only times I've seen him in it was coming back from deployment and at his grandfathers funeral... I like it because his job is a huge part of our lives. It's the reason he's in Hawaii, we met here. It's basically been the back story for our whole romance. However I understand if he doesn't want to wear it. Especially if he's not going to make a career out of it. 
  • samanthacarysamanthacary member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance is going to wear his blues for our wedding. We are getting married on a cruise in Feb. He's very excited to wear his uniform. He's currently in Iraq but it seems to be the one thing he is hell bent on choosing for the wedding. Everything else has been up to me. I think you are right in leaving the choice up to him. The military has been a huge part of your lives obviously so I think it would be nice to incorporate that in somehow.
  • kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is completely up to your FI. My FI didn't want to wear his uniform, he hates wearing them and therefore he decided on wearing a tux. It's the same for his GMs who are also in the military. Let your FI decide what he wants to wear, after all he's not choosing your wedding dress right? 
  • edited December 2011
    Leave it up to your FI!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    It's up to him if he wears his uniform, and if he doesn't it also up to him what he wears instead of it.  DH wore his primarily so he and his BM didn't have to spend money on tuxes.  And his mom wanted to see him in uniform. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My FI is goin to wear his blues but that was his choice. His brother is also military and will be in a tux with the other Groomsmen.
    Whatever he is most comfortable in.
    Brittany and Matthew December 28 USAF- Proud Fianc? Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mlesleevmlesleev member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the ladies before me. The dress blues are really his choice.  My fiance is Air Force and I think their Mess Dress for formal occasions is just hideous. Thank GOD he decided he didnt want to wear them.  All of his groomsman are also Air Force.  There are always other ways to incorporate the fact that you are military into the wedding without doing the dress blues.  For example, my fiance and the groomsman are going to bring the headsets they wear during flights and their disco refector belts to take some funny photos in.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards