July 2012 Weddings

Happy Monday!!

I hope you all had a great weekend!!!

What is everyone up to WR/NWR this week?

Re: Happy Monday!!

• My weekend was way too short, but a fun one! I went out for my birthday with some friends and got a magic bullet!! I'm so pumped to make a smoothie tonight after dinner.

NWR - This week my usual work, school, gym routine.  I also have 2 networking events this week for my work on top of my 60 hours of work.  Sunday is the Super Bowl and I'll be routing on the Patriots! One of my friends might have a super bowl party, but their not sure.  

WR - I really need to start my programs and maybe my hangers.  Maybe tonight I'll cut the program templates and cut them at night while watching tv.  I'd love to get my hangers done this Sunday! My invitations are enroute in the mail so I'll have those maybe this weekend to start assemblying as well, but I'd like to get the hangers done first.

Anniversary
  • It's back to school for part 2 of A&P....oh the anatomy gods, please be nice to be this semester!
  • My weekend was a good one! FI and I saw a latin music concert on Friday night and had a baller dinner at one of our favorite London restaurants for a really reasonable price (we are trying to limit our eating out to once a week). Then last night we had some friends over for a Sunday roast and it was a lot of fun. I also made some progress on some DIY stuff while FI studied.

This week NWR: Pretty standard week. My boss is out, so I'm hoping I can work slightly lighter hours than normal, but who knows.

WR: Need to contact our church to organize pre-marital counseling and keep working on invites.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm sick again. Yuck.

WR We'll meet up with a dj this Thursday, yay! He also rents lighting. 

NWR We're going away this weekend to a B&B (a birthday present from May that we finally booked) with an awesome sauna.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't mind that the weekend is over. I was too lazy and starting to feel like a bum. I basically did nothing- I was exhausted from a long week and I was still doing stuff for the house!

WR: I don't think there's anything for us to do this week. There are a few things that we could be doing- like come up with a guest list for the shower. But nah.

NWR: We sent in additional requests to the sellers after the house inspection last week. It sounds like it's going good, I think we're going to agree on everything today. On Friday is our birthday and my parents are coming to visit us (well they probably just want to see the house!). I am quite excited to see my parents. They just got back from Aruba on Friday.
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This weekend was great! We had a dart tournament on Saturday and Sunday we shot darts for league. It was amazing to get out of the house and have some time together without the kids. Sadly, we didn't we win the tournament, but we can't win all the time. We had a lot of fun anyways.

WR: My MOH, mom, and I are getting together this weekend to pick a design for the invites and hopefully start on them. Then we are going to pick out the BM dresses. I'm also working on getting addresses for everyone we're inviting.

NWR: Our daughter has two Dr appointments. One is to see if she is delayed enough to start speech therapy. They pretty much said on the phone she won't be considered delayed enough until she turns 2 because they adjust her age for her prematurity. They still want to come to our house and do an evalution. It's so frustrating that she's behind and her Dr wants her started on therapy, but this company won't do it yet. Other than that it's a normal week.
    Photobucket
  • WR: Well I finally finished my registry, I hope! lol. So this weekend we are going to look into invitations and that is pretty much it.

NWR: It is the superbowl and of course my PATRIOTS are in it!!! WHHOOOHOO! I will be preparing food and stuff for the party. :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • As per my earlier post...this weekend was surprisingly AWESOME for me with all things WR! Smile

NWR- early spring clean my apartment, sort out some assignment confusion with my internship class

WR- DECIDE ON INVITATIONS (I'm still fighting some crazy guilt about our favorite ones), research rehearsal dinner places so we can start trying them and make a decision, order bubbles and sand for our sand ceremony, help FI decide on tuxes (probably this coming weekend).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ooo...and I forgot!! One more exciting NWR plan.....I'm calling a breeder in NJ about getting a new fur-baby after we are married! I'm looking at wirehaired pointing griffons. Googgle image them if you want a smile!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My weekend was good. Ordered our Invites! and I made me FI look at rings. He didn't like any and then he surprised everyone by asking his mom for his fathers ring (his dad died 15 years ago) She found it so thats what he will have! FI's mom also found his dads pocket watch which was her wedding gift to him. She is going to have it restored and give it to FI the night before the wedding.

This week
    WR: Trying to call Rabbi's during any free time at work. So far mine won't, and one other won't. I'm waiting for a call back from a third, and their are three others on my list. Hopefully this will be figured out by the end of the week. I really want a Rabbi.

NWR: Work. FI has a hysterical comedy show on Friday. He is performing but the point of the show is to throw food at the comedians!! I am recruiting everyone I know to come throw food at him! Also, trying some new baking ideas. My work is having a cupcake wars on valentines day so I'm going to start practicing for that.

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My weekend was good--it was a good mix of productive and lazy.  I picked up vases for our centerpieces from another knottie that just got married, and worked on a few wedding things.  We set up our food tasting for March 23!  Darn...they only do it on weekdays which means I'll have to take a day off from work.  ;)

This week
    WR:  starting premarital counseling on Thursday, ordering our table overlays and rest of the stuff for our centerpieces

NWR: work, gym, find shoes for BMs
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Weekend was pretty good! It started off great on Friday b/c we booked our HM :) 

This week:

WR: Sending in the deposit for the videographer, possibly looking at more wedding bands for FI on Saturday. I can't believe we are getting into the 5 month range!

NWR: Starting a new job on Wednesday, and heading to the gym as much as possible.  Just ordered a yoga for beginners weight loss dvd on Amazon so I'm excited for it to get here! I figured it would be a great thing to get into when I don't have time to go to the gym. FI even said he would try it.  
    imageAnniversary
  • my weekend was sooo busy!! dinner with college friends, two huge parties, wedding stuff, volunteering for the super bowl....it was super fun though!!

WR: We are actually mailing out our save the dates this week (even though i don't love them that much we need to get going - we just passed the 6 month mark!).  MOH and i are going to pick out the bridesmaid dresses on saturday (now that i know what budget to keep things in thanks to all the advice from you lovely ladies!)

NWR: long week of work. lots and lots of volunteering after work for the super bowl. playing downtown as much as possible since this is the first time i have ever had the super bowl in my city!! i am hoping to brush shoulders with at least one celebrity :)
  • This weekend sucked for me... I'd like a do-over, please.  :)

WR: Got a call from my church contact to setup a date for our FOCCUS inventory session.  Hopefully we can get this done for February so we can get together with the priest and finalize the ceremony so I can get the programs started!

NWR: I ate like a total pig this weekend so I'm going to punish myself at the gym this week.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • This weekend was a mixed bag. FI and I felll asleep Saturday night at 7:00pm - and neither of us woke up until 9:00am the next day! Ah!

This week I'm dedicating 100% to school and working out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My weekend was great: the perfect mix of wedding and non wedding, social and non social. besides playing therapist to a friend all night on saturday, it was very relaxing. 
     Heres my to-dos this week/weekend

WR: I will be getting some pins in the mail from fabulousbrooch.com (thanks for the site K888!) that I am making into hairpieces, so I hope to do that right as they come in. Hopefully we will be able to keep moving forward on our invite design, and this weekend we want to book a hotel in chicago for the mini-moon. If anyone has suggestions- let me know!!  I want to decide on a hotel for the Jamaica honeymoon too, though not deposit anything yet. 

NWR- I hope to get my volunteering position set up and started this week. I need to start sending feelers out for after graduation jobs as well. This weekend is a friends bachelorette party- we're going to indiana for the chippendales show!! So it will be a fun wedding weekend- just not mine. 

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • elizabethmae - you're welcome!  Make sure you take pics of your finished hairpieces!  I'd love to see how they come out. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • We'll be stateside Friday!! :D We're flying into NY, staying for the weekend with my dad and some cousins. Then riding back with my dad to PA. He's generously offered us one of his cars to drive while we're here, cuz transportation was a big headache! Next we'll be visiting a friend in Philly, later a friend in DC (though she actually lives in Baltimore, but apparently anyone who lives remotely close to DC claims they live there.. lol) THEN finally heading down to my mom's house in NC :D We'll be flying out of NY again so it's a crazy trip but I'm excited.

I ordered my panel pockets last night so I'll be assembling those once I get there and I ordered my shoes last night! I went for these

Peep toes never fit me right but since it looks like a wider peep toe, I'm hoping it will be different. Plus I'm going to try adding some inserts, heel grips and the whole works to see if it helps. Also it says the color is "ivory" and my dress is bright white... but honestly, I couldn't care less at this point. Let's just pray they fit!!!!
  • Nati,

I adore those shoes.

Where are they from?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks Bright! They're from Dessy..

CLICK
  • Nati - I think you just saved my life with that link. I've been looking for cute flat shoes - and they have a lot . :o)

Just which size to get is hard.

Hmmm!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_happy-monday-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:d10cfcb7-cb3f-4ff0-8adc-0932b8c3acd4Post:872f036a-6ea6-4f38-ad2f-b5bc0439e156">Re: Happy Monday!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nati - I think you just saved my life with that link. I've been looking for cute flat shoes - and they have a lot . :o) Just which size to get is hard. Hmmm!
    Posted by BrightFirefly[/QUOTE]

Oh I know! It's harder than you'd expect, to find cute bridal flats in various colors AND under $50. And you're right, I'd be careful about the size, I saw that one style says it runs small. Thankfully the site actually tells you.. but anyway you could always return them and get a different size if it wasn't quite right.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_happy-monday-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:d10cfcb7-cb3f-4ff0-8adc-0932b8c3acd4Post:b1b23f0c-10ed-4ff1-9e0c-2e1560d5da53">Re: Happy Monday!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Monday!! : Oh I know! It's harder than you'd expect, to find cute bridal flats in various colors AND under $50. And you're right, I'd be careful about the size, I saw that one style says it runs small. Thankfully the site actually tells you.. but anyway you could always return them and get a different size if it wasn't quite right.
    Posted by Nati05[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh, I've been looking at the same ones last week! I want flats or a really low heel (impossible - it's all flats or high heels), with open toes or in a nice sandal style, in a good color. I like the marigold and oasis ones, but I think I prefer something blushy or campagne. Anyway, I'll decide on a sash color first, and then look for matching shoes.</div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards