Not Engaged Yet

Good (Late) Morning

Good morning! I am finally done with my crazy stretch of work nights (7 out of the last 8). I'm not back until October 3rd. I'm super excited. 

So, I have tomato soup in the crockpot, and I may or may not get the energy to put up some fall/halloween decorations today. 

Anyone have anything excited planned for this week?

Re: Good (Late) Morning

• Jorja: Do you have a recipe for this tomato soup? I love tomato soup. 

I have nothing planned during the week other than working out after work. Saturday I have a bachelorette party in AC. Oh I have to go shopping for that sometime this week so that gives me something to do so I'm not such a loser. 

• I don't have anything exciting planned for the week.  I'm feeling tired and lazy mostly.  It's my first full five day work week in about 5 weeks, due to vacations and what not.

I have to go to the DMV during lunch to renew my license. Yuck

Anniversary

• I have an interview for an assistant/apprenticeship job with a stylist today. We leave to visit my parents Thursday for 5 days and it's been very chilly in MN so I'm very excited. Plus I miss my mom and dad. And I know JB misses his grandparents.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Danser - it's possible to go during lunch?! I think every time I've been it's taken over 2 hours. Uck - good luck though!

No real plans for the week, I've just got to study a lot. I did my first proper studying session in a month last night, and I'm working on it now too. Hopefully I can get a few papers and presentations submitted so I don't fall massively behind. I want to get 12 credits done by Christmas, while working fulltime.
  • Ooh, I'm jealous of your stretch of time off, Jorja.

I have the day off today.  Whether I make anything of it remains to be seen.  So far I'm still in my pajamas, but the fact that I'm even out of bed is pretty commendable, I think.

No plans for the rest of the week except work.
  • No exciting plans for me coming up, although I am planning a weekend trip up to Cambridge and Amherst, MA to visit my sister and her BF for one night (he's a smartypants going to Harvard grad school), and then one of my best friends and her new fiance. I'love weekend trips, and am planning on going in about 3 weeks.

In sad news, BF got a call from his dad last night letting him know that his grandma passed away. She was 100 years old, so she lived a good long life, but he was pretty sad last night. Of course, being a stereotypical guy, he acted like it was no big deal and continued watching the football game. When we went to bed a little later though, I could tell he was a lot more quiet than usual :-(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Hummingbird, I'm sorry to hear about BF's gma. That sucks. :( 

Jorja, what an awesome break! I could really use a stretch of time off work. Sigh.

This week is insane. I've got a meeting with conference people today and they're trying to get me to direct a camp 2 months before my wedding. I'm strangely excited about it and might say yes. Then Thursday I have court (for real this time) for my speeding ticket, and then my BFF FINALLY comes home from Hawaii. Her and her husband have been living there for two years now and I've seen her once, last May. I miss her so terribly much. And she's staying with her in-laws 30 min from my apartment and just up the high way from my office. Have I mentioned I'm excited? I'm taking the day off to do court stuff and meet her at the airport. 

Then Friday it's BM dress shopping and drinks, or skipping the drinks because I have an angy parent that wants to talk to me and that's her only available day this week even though it's my day off. Cougar football on Saturday and I probably will be wishing I were dead. 

And curses to all you guys buying boots. I want boots now. Cute, tall, slouchy boots. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • This week? I'm getting together with Liv tonight, which will be awesome sauce.  Other than that?  Nope.  The usual.  Work, work, work.

This weekend, H and I are going to NY for my mom's birthday.  It'll be nice to see her.  I miss her.

I know.  I'm boring.
  • Hummingbird- Sorry about BF's grandma.

I just got back from the DMV it's only a few minutes away from where I work.  It only took a little over an hour thank god.

Anniversary

• Hummingbird- sorry about BF's grandma. My grandpa actually just passed away this weekend and H and I are heading home tomorrow for the rest of the week for the funeral/viewing. It all happened so fast that I'm still kind of in shock.
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited September 2012
    I have nothing planned for the week and I couldn't be happier about it! I've been running every night after work and all weekend for the past 2-3 weeks and I'm exhausted. I really need the down time. I'll go to the gym a couple of nights, and maybe make some soup and muffins tonight, but that's about it.

This weekend FI and I are doing one or both of the following (as well as the usual gym and socializing routine): (1) Shopping for new hiking/sport climbing gear, (2) Hiking and maybe bouldering in a park a couple of hours away. We didn't get out much this summer because we were busy most weekends, so we're taking full advantage of the nice fall weather right now.

ETA: Hummingbird and Mookow - I'm sorry to hear about your losses :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Moocow- I'm so sorry to hear abour your grandpa.

Work is dragging this afternoon I don't feel like doing anything right now.  Is it 4 yet? Anyone around to distract me? :-)

Anniversary

• Rach-This is what I have in the crock pot now, but I also have this really amazing (and incredibly fattening) recipe for tomato basil soup that I make exactly once a year...when BF and I celebrate "our" Christmas together.

Elle-I freakin love your sig pic. The BM colors turned out so classy and gorgeous. 

Hummingbird-I'm sorry to hear about your BF's grandma. I hope she had a peaceful passing.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_good-late-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d16c4563-420c-4cd3-8c47-9011a891a71ePost:97b0193c-88e1-4573-acf1-ebbc224d3b47">Re: Good (Late) Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hummingbird- sorry about BF's grandma. My grandpa actually just passed away this weekend and H and I are heading home tomorrow for the rest of the week for the funeral/viewing. It all happened so fast that I'm still kind of in shock.
    Posted by mookow86[/QUOTE]

<div>I know that was weighing heavy on your heart. Hugs to you moo. It's hard, even when it's "expected." </div>
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • mookow & Hummingbird - I'm sorry for your losses :(

I have a bachelorette party/shower to go to Thursday night. I'm a little worried that it will be crazy expensive. The bride has expensive tastes. I'll leave it at that.

The wedding is Saturday. I get to wear this!

Before the wedding we're doing a fun triathlon. You use rafts and floaties for the swim, ride your beach cruiser for the bike, and then only have to run a mile. Also, the beer garden opens BEFORE the race starts. WOO HOO.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_good-late-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d16c4563-420c-4cd3-8c47-9011a891a71ePost:899b880c-74ea-440c-acb8-0652619c92fe">Re: Good (Late) Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rach-<strong> This  is what I have in the crock pot now</strong>, but I also have  this  really amazing (and incredibly fattening) recipe for tomato basil soup that I make exactly once a year...when BF and I celebrate "our" Christmas together. Elle-I freakin love your sig pic. The BM colors turned out so classy and gorgeous.  Hummingbird-I'm sorry to hear about your BF's grandma. I hope she had a peaceful passing.
    Posted by jorja86[/QUOTE]

<div>I. Need. That.</div>

• jorja86jorja86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2012
    Mookow-I'm so sorry about your Grandpa as well...I missed that earlier. I'll keep your family in my thoughts.
  • I love the dress and the shoes tiger!!

I have to go bridesmaid dress shopping for my friends's wedding tomorrow, not in the mood.  I feel all fat and bloated.  Couldn't I reuse one of the three other purple bridesmaids dresses I have? 

Anniversary

• Thanks for the support, ladies. It truly means a lot to me!
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards