Rhode Island
Options

pampering :)

hi all...
i am looking to get pampered for my upcoming wedding. aside from getting my hair done every 6-8 weeks I dont do anything like this for myself. what better time right? I go to RaNEW in Newport for my hair and nails and will for the wedding as well as makeup. But I am looking for rec's for tanning<---I am terrified of the beds and stand ups - a little paranoid I guess but didn't know if there was something else I could do? besides the beach - I burn easily ;) maybe airbrush tan? also, I want to get a massage and facial - RaNew does facials but I've never had one there- or had one EVER which also makes me nervous.
any help is appreciated, as always :)
ps - did you have/have any type of "beauty routine" similar to this?

thanks!

Re: pampering :)

• Options
    I went twice for microderm facials at Alayne White Spa and they were incredible!!!  I had never had one of those before, but your skin looks so bright and clean.  If you are worried about going that far, you can get the olay pro-x, which I've been using, it exfoliates and makes your skin look really good as well.

I went to get my teeth whitened 4 months before the wedding, but they didn't look all that much whiter and my teeth hurt for like a week after (I have sensitive teeth apparently).

I've never done spray tanning, but some of my friends have done it and it looks good if you get the right color, but once your skin starts to come off, it can look a little patchy.

GL!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

RaNew is getting a spray tanner, they should be starting up soon. I've never done spray tan but I might try it out for my wedding since I burn instead of tan. Facials aren't too bad esp if you get the gentle versions. The exfoliating ones or peels can leave you red so the recommend not getting them a few days before the wedding. My "beauty routine" right now is basically just whitening toothpaste and mouthwash, lots of lotion and good cleansing of my face. I'm getting married in Aug so I figured the middle of June (2 months before) I would start with every 2 week manicures (since my nails are weak and I want them to grow and look nice before the wedding) and pedicures. I'll probably get a facial in June and the end of July, maybe try a spraytan and if I like it then get one a week before the wedding. Hope that helps.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards