New Jersey - South
Options

Has anyone used this site? MissnowMrs.com

I wrote a bunch of reviews on WeddingWire.com for my vendors tonight and when you do 5 reviews they give you a gift... one of the options was a credit towards this website called missnowmrs.com and they basically take you through this 30 minute series of questions and use your answers to prepare all the forms and give you all the instructions and fee information you need for all your name changes, tax status changes etc.... it seems like such an awesome concept but I'm wondering if anyone has actually used this or knows someone who has?

Re: Has anyone used this site? MissnowMrs.com

• Options
    KateZaccKateZacc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used the site when I got married and I had a good experience with it. To me the price (which I can't remember what exactly it was but it wasn't expensive) was worth it to have all of the forms in one place. It also provided forms for name change for things I didn't even think of. I felt I had enough to worry about without searching through red tape for the forms that pertained to me. Good luck!
  • Options
    I purchased MissNowMrs from a Groupon and am glad I did not pay the full $30 for it. They make it sound like all you have to do it fill out some forms and your name change will be all complete. You still have to take time and go to the DMV. The form you print out will not be correct so you will have to fill out the DMV card to change your name on your license and registration. You also cannot just mail a notification to the bank they will need you to go in because they will need you to sign a new signature card. The administrator for your health insurance will need to contact them to make any changes to the plan such as name and address changes so a letter is not going to suffice there either. Basically you can write your own notification letters for doctors and credit cards and mail them out with copies of your marriage certificate. I live in New Jersey and there is no short cut for changing your name. Take a half a day off work and do it the old fashion way and do it right.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards