Colorado-Denver

colorado vacation ideas

Hi Ladies,
My fiance and I are planning a week long trip to colorado in July and neither of us have ever been there. I was wondering if you had any recommendations of places to go, things to do, etc. We were thinking about doing a 3 day relaxing spa thing and then maybe a 3 day outdoor adventure idea. We love hiking, fishing, boating, exploring new cities, etc. A family friend recommended colorado springs and steamboat springs as good outdoor areas but other than that we haven't heard much else. It would be great if you had some local ideas for us!

TIA!!!

Re: colorado vacation ideas

• edited December 2011
    steamboat springs and estes park are good for what you're looking at

you can also look into snowmass village/aspen as well if you want mountains

denver also is big on outdoorsy stuff and there are tons of great spas and hotels + night life down here

also be prepared for the heat in july! it gets over 100 degrees on a lot of those days so pack with layers

let us know if we can be of any other help
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • HeywhitneyHeywhitney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second the steamboat and estes park recommendation.  I also recommend Telluride, Ouray, Silverton and Durango!  You can't go wrong!

Broadmoor Hotel in C.Springs has great spa treatments.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much ladies!

• hippoloverhippolover member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just moved here and one of the first things I want to do it whitewater rafting.  I know you can do it right outside of Denver.  If you like adventour, you will like it. 

I have visted CO. Springs and Estes park is really nice.  Pikes Peak gives you a great view.  :)
  • ksheeksksheeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a huge fan of Estes Park / Rocky Mountain National Park.  It can be very touristy and expensive in July (as are many areas) but there's such awesome scenery and plenty of hiking trails of all degrees: from family-friendly/easy to strenous.  The drive over Trail Ridge Road is such a gorgeous drive also.  There's also more gorgeous hiking opportunites very close to Estes in the Indian Peaks Wilderness Area (Brainard Lake area).  There's a hike there called Lake Isabelle which has to be one of my absolute favorites hikes.  It's fairly easy (only 3.5 miles round trip) but the views at the lake are hard to beat and the wildflowers along the trail are stunning!

For the relaxing spa stuff - we went to the RiverPoint Spa in Estes and I loved their hour long massage (and they do couple's massages which is nice).  Also - we treated ourselves to a night at Della Terra one night and if you are looking for pure romance/relaxation you can't go wrong there.  It's pricey but really feels like it's worth it.  Unfortunately some hotels in Estes can be very run down even though the photos on their website seem ok so I definitely recommend checking out TripAdvisor to get reviews on the rooms before booking.

• one2andnow3one2andnow3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was born and in Colorado Springs and even though it has a lot of beautiful sites to see I think that CO has much more to offer. I would suggest Crested Butte. They have a wild flower fest in the summer. The mountains are the most beautiful colors with all flowers growing on them. It also is close to a river for white water rafting, you can hike, and if you like biking you can rent mt bikes and take them up the ski lifts and ride down. The number 1 thing for me though was the food. YUM does not do it justice. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards