Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Cake topper, what kind?

Hi Ladies,

I'm trying to figure out whether to have the people cake topper or the monogram ones. I'm also debating whether to have any at all and instead use sugar flowers on top.

My cake is 3 tier round buttercream fondant. It's got lace pattern on each tier and pearls on the bottom of eah tier as well. There will be flowers on each corner of the tier.

I'm not really describing it that well but I just wanted to know what you ladies are doing for a cake topper

Thanks

Re: Cake topper, what kind?

• edited December 2011
    We had our florist make a cake topper for us.
  • edited December 2011
    We're using pink and green Power Rangers.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used a crystal monogram from Dazzle Me Elegant.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    thanks ladies.. I'm just wondering if I need to match my cake topper with anything in the wedding. I guess my theme is romance, classy and elegant. 

I was thnking of getting the people cake topper but my cake vendor said that not a lot of people do that anymore
  • GrauGrau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would do what you want, not what is popular. If you like the idea of people ones, that do it.

Also, have you tried checking etsy? They have a lot of  cute cake toppers there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • jc04100657jc04100657 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We bought a "B" monogram from Michaels and we will have flowers surround it.
    Anniversary

September 2011 Siggy Challenge- Favorite Ceremony Photo
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    We're having penguins on top of our cake. It has absolutly nothing to do with our wedding decor but penguins have a really special for us.
    Last Post 7/8 Leave for Paradise 7/9 Our Beach Wedding 7/13

Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies.

I was just wondering if I were to use a monogram is it suppose to just have our first initial letter. We both have the same one or is it the last name?
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_cake-topper-kind?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:3ed03085-60b9-4655-96c6-c324b7eeb47cPost:b3f1527a-ffcc-452f-b656-1749c45125ad">Re: Cake topper, what kind?</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is mine! Info from where I got it is in my bio!
    Posted by MilitaryBride2Be[/QUOTE]
    Okay I might do C and C on each side and then a bib S in the middle. Would that look weird?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards