Florida-West Coast

Where did your guests stay?

I'm getting married near St. Pete beach and have a lot of OOT guests. Any suggestions for places on the beach? I would like to keep it a close to $100 per night as possible. I like Postcard Inn, but they were a little pricer than I liked. I looked at the Dolphin and it was 80s, so no dice. I'm getting married mid Nov. Thanks!

Re: Where did your guests stay?

• edited December 2011
    I should say "80's decor" not price.
  • mitchsbridemitchsbride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Check www.sidestep.com. The site compares all hotel prices in that area.

• edited December 2011
    When is your wedding? 

The Grand Plaza was $107 a night when we were there in Feb. There's a Howard Johnson on Gulf Blvd that was recommended to me as a low-price option, too. And there are a million tiny no-name hotels and motels on that strip that have to be super, super cheap and good options for people with fixed budgets.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I got married in late Oct, so everything was somewhat pricey during that time.  We did a block rate at the HOJO (no contract or anything, just give them a call and they set it up for you). It was around 80 a night.  It's not the fanciest place, but seemed clean and everyone was really happy with it.  They were super nice and did our bags for free.  We also had a discount code for the Sandpiper for a nicer option (tradwinds was booked for a conference and was way too much money), and they could never get it right whenever our guests tried to make a reservation.  I stayed there before the wedding and the Sirata after the wedding.  Neither were worth the cost in my opinion, and we had major issues with our AC in the Sirata.  The main attraction for all of them is the beach, which is just as nice (and not as crowded) at the HOJO.  Plus, everyone hung out at the bar right behind there so it was really convenient.  Oh, and there is a breakfast restaurant across the street that was pretty good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards