Delaware
Options

Invitation/Transportation Time

Just looking for some recs. where everyone ordered there invitations from, it's time I start looking...

Also, any recs on tranportation both shuttles to/from the reception for our guests and a limo for us & the bridal party. The ceremony is in Delaware but the reception is in Boothwyn, PA

Re: Invitation/Transportation Time

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have heard around 6 months for invites, since you want to send them out 6-8 weeks before your date, and if you want to do an A/B list, you will need even more time.  Add on ordering time, and that brings you to around 6 months.

As for limo companies, I have heard many raves about Dave's Limos and Buker.  I know Jackie used Riverside over in NJ, and they were willing to work with her on pricing, and since they came over here, I am thinking they will do yours as well. 

In terms of shuttles, honestly, I suggest a school bus- I know, it might seem tacky, but since it only is transportation, I am not a fan of spending the same amount I spent on my dress for it.  Just my opinion though.  Another option you could go for is a Trolley of some sort, which I have heard are quite fun.  Page Jewels on the Philly board about her trolley experience and who she used for more info- I know she was very pleased on the whole!
  • Options
    Dnyce7282Dnyce7282 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you, yeah, we don't mind yellow school buses, anything is fine by us. I just wanted to know if anyone knew of any specific companies.

Just curious, where did you get your invited or did you make your own?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We plan on getting ours at Apropos in Greenville.  We have had several family members and family friends use them, along with BubblyBlondy and Sarah on here, and everyone I have talked to has loved them.  I have talked to them on the phone, and I love how helpful they are- for example, my cousin liked the look of a really expensive invite, but it wasn't in her budget.  They worked with her to find another invite that was in her budget, and looked like the more expensive one.  They help you figure out wording and all, and when you add in the 20% discount they give off the list price, it makes it worth going there.

If you want to hear more experiences, try paging either Bubbly or Sarah, and they can tell you more.  From talking to them on the phone and getting advice on different things, I can tell you my personal experience with them has been wonderful!

ETA: In terms of DIY, they can come out nice, just make sure you are prepared for the work.  I have heard from several brides while they were happy to DIY because it was nice to claim them as their own, the work and cost that went into the invites just wasn't worth it.  Be careful to watch your cost as well, because they can end up not only costing more, but the postage can end up being really high as well.  If you want custom invites without the DIY, check out either Proud to Plan or Alaun by Design (post on the Philly board for more info on Alaun, here or Philly for more info on PtoP).  I believe Remember This Day is also doing custom paper, but don't quote me on that until you know for sure.
  • Options
    Dnyce7282Dnyce7282 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks again, I will check out Apropos...oh no, I don't want to do the invitations myself, I was just asking what your plans were. Have a great week!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I ordered my invites from Hallmark...carlson craft brand.  I got married in October and i ordered them at the end of June.  They came in in 1 week. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wanted a very specific invite, but didnt want to completely DIY, so I worked with someone on Etsy.  I designed, she printed, cut, and pasted.  It was a ton of work, but they came out amazing, and I got them cheaper then the supplies would have cost me.
    For limo, we used Buker...  They were wonderful, and I highly recommend.  Im not sure if they have shuttles/buses though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had great luck with Invitations by Dawn, which is a website, so you have to do evrything online, their customer service hotline is helpful if you have questions. You can order a proof to confirm that what you design and request appears how you would like it since their user tool online doesn't always line up the text within the lines.  Their prices were great and they had tons of great options as well - lined envelopes, sizes, colors, paper weight, etc.  Their turnaround was quick as well. Website: www.InvitationsbyDawn.com
  • Options
    greenbean951greenbean951 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ordered my invites from JeanM. Their catalog was very pricey, but their website had reasonable prices and their customer service was GREAT!! They have very good quality invites for sure, but I couldn't afford the enclosures to match so I ordered them from 123print.com in a similar pattern and I think they'll go together pretty well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards