Illinois-Chicago

The coming Blizzard

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am already planning for a Snow day on Wednesday! I have LOTS of wedding DIY things going on my list to try to get done!

I really hope it is not as bad as they keep saying though!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: The coming Blizzard

• aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say bring it on! I would love to have a snow day to get some wedding stuff DONE!
  • edited December 2011
    I hope there is a snow day!!!! I have a lot of studying and wedding stuff to do!!!
  • edited December 2011
    hahaha I agree. I am off tomorrow, so lots of wedding things will be getting done, besides shoveling. I hope I dont have to go to work on Wednesday either, but I probably will. :( Good Luck to everyone!
  • MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't get snow days cause I work from home but hopefully FI will have one and be able to hang out with me!
  • edited December 2011
    You girls are lucky!

My company is putting me up in a hotel right across the street so I can lay the smack down in keeping our property clear for the crazies that want to come in during this weather.  If I chose go home Tuesday night, I am expected into work Wednesday morning on time.  Total bummer... so i'm sticking with a free room. :(  

FI is none too pleased as he is stuck with the responsibility of clearing our ridiculously long drive way, as well as the sidewalks.  I feel really bad about it :(
  • edited December 2011
    haha awwww. Yeah we just bought another shovel, so I could help. I don't know how we ever did it with only one shovel.
  • edited December 2011
    Chicago Public Schools don't have snow days!!  Maybe just this once??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    My daughter is freaking out because her last day of school is scheduled for June 7----with a wedding date of June 11----this is one year she does NOT want snow days!!

I cannot believe how many listings are already on the Emergency Closing website!

As a teacher and MOB, I will admit I also have plans to do lots of wedding "paperwork" on Wednesday....and have stocked the cabinets with cocoa, marshmallows and Baileys!!
  • TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm hoping for a snow day as well!  Word of advice--if you have to get gas, do it ASAP!  Lines were crazy long everywhere and the Shell that I finally ended up getting a pump at was almost out!  Yikes. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I can't wait. I am a snow lover and the more, the better!!! We may get to try out our new snow blower!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to michaels today to pick up some things so I can do some DIY projects!  My dad works for United and they called him to tell him they are shutting the airport down from 5pm tomorrow to 5pm wednesday.  This is crazy!  I am super excited though to stay home drink some wine and do some projects! 
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    As a teacher I'm sure hoping for a snowday on Wednesday!  I could spend the day designing my invites among other wedding related tasks/research.  I'm not looking forward to shoveling, but a day off without having to take a day would be nice! :)
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_coming-blizzard?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:27f77f55-d782-4a21-8e8e-8c1a262f021aPost:bddf5e0b-0e91-415c-b114-fa5ffa455d6f">Re: The coming Blizzard</a>:
    [QUOTE]My daughter is freaking out because her last day of school is scheduled for June 7----with a wedding date of June 11----this is one year she does NOT want snow days!! I cannot believe how many listings are already on the Emergency Closing website! As a teacher and MOB, I will admit I also have plans to do lots of wedding "paperwork" on Wednesday....and <strong>have stocked the cabinets with cocoa, marshmallows and Baileys!!</strong>
    Posted by mobkaz[/QUOTE]
    um yum! I'll snowmobile my way to your house!
  • Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm crossing my fingers for cancelled class tomorrow evening AND Wednesday! Considering it already started snowing a bit AND the airport will be shutting down (thanks for that info, btw kuteashbee!)...I think it may be good chance. Although the school website still says it will be open tomorrow...
    edited December 2011
    I just got the news that my school is closing at 2:00pm today! That means no work AND no class for me! YAY!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_coming-blizzard?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:27f77f55-d782-4a21-8e8e-8c1a262f021aPost:f779b016-af6f-4375-b5e7-7eedd597de62">Re: The coming Blizzard</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just got the news that my school is closing at 2:00pm today! That means no work AND no class for me! YAY!
    Posted by Bimbi284[/QUOTE]
    Most schools I would think will be closed tomorow. This is just to big of a storm to send kids out into it.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_coming-blizzard?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:27f77f55-d782-4a21-8e8e-8c1a262f021aPost:e74b01f4-33a4-446b-b36f-fc604065e01b">Re: The coming Blizzard</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The coming Blizzard : Most schools I would think will be closed tomorow. This is just to big of a storm to send kids out into it.
    Posted by butterflyfan[/QUOTE]

Yup, I have been told that the school where I am working tomorrow will be cancelling, as well as another school where I have an appointment.
  • edited December 2011
    I am soooo not looking forward to the snow.  I just got a firmwide email that they expect us to be open tomorrow (don't worry though, we can wear whatever we want though!).  There better be 2+ feet of snow so that they rethink this being open idea...
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_coming-blizzard?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:27f77f55-d782-4a21-8e8e-8c1a262f021aPost:6034232e-0771-4a5b-a5b9-b6e97735198f">Re: The coming Blizzard</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am soooo not looking forward to the snow.  I just got a firmwide email that they expect us to be open tomorrow <strong>(don't worry though, we can wear whatever we want though!</strong>).  There better be 2+ feet of snow so that they rethink this being open idea...
    Posted by AshleyK2011[/QUOTE]
    haha is that supposed to make it better? bummer :(
  • edited December 2011
    something about this just doesn't seem right that we have to go to our jobs during this "life threatening snowstorm"... 
  • edited December 2011
    Aimers...I think sadly, they do think that they're being generous by letting us wear whatever we want tomorrow.  Awesome.  Well...I'm coming in wearing PJ's that's for sure! 
  • MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you girls be careful tomorrow if you really do have to work!
    edited December 2011
    @ashley, I shouldn't make fun as I will probably be at work too! I"m happy you declared PJ day!
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    WOW!!!  This has not happened since January, 1999.................

3:36 p.m. -- To ensure the safety of students and school-based staff, Chicago Public Schools Interim Chief Executive Officer Terry Mazany has ordered all CPS schools closed on Wednesday February 2, 2011!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards