Oklahoma

Ushers

Ok so my idea for my ushers ended up not working. My cousins (who is like the only male young people in my family) will be out of town with their mom during my wedding. With 1 month to go, I need ushers. I do have a step-brother that could help, but I need 1 more at least. Any ideas? Creative or not? Like I said before, I have no younger siblings (besides my step-brother) nor does my fiance. All of his cousins either live in Cali or are older than he is. Our friends kids are in our wedding or not old enough. Please help!

Re: Ushers

• hposeyhposey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh and I can't use my groomsmen because they and the groom have a special entrance planned.
  • edited December 2011
    Why does the age of your ushers matter?  What does it matter is they are older or younger than your FI?  

We are only having two ushers: my brother and FI's brother (who is also the best man)

However we DID consider posting a sign that said "We don't pick sides, sit where you'd like"

Do you or FI have friends that you would have preferred be in the wedding but arent?  They could be ushers.  just have them get a tie to match your guys and go with it. 
  • JustGLAMOURJustGLAMOUR member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are family friends who will be attending the wedding or even church members?
  • edited December 2011
    We only have two groomsmen and two bridesmaids, but I wanted a lot of ushers (mainly because the chairs for the ceremony need to be moved inside for the reception) so we are asking several of FI's friends to be our ushers and I am just buying them matching ties and asking them to wear white dress shirts with dark slacks. Does your FI have any friends that aren't in the wedding that could serve as ushers? And I agree with MrsCoopDawg that they don't have to be a certain age-it's your wedding and you can ask whoever you want :)
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyName Ticker
    Oct Angel Babies
  • hposeyhposey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have thought of friends, but I just feel bad asking them. I do like the sign idea though, but still need someone to walk parents down the isle. I tried to tell my FMIL that we werent going to have ushers....she freaked. It's her only son...and our only wedding....and she is freaking to try to get her way on certain things. So I am finding ushers.
  • TisharpTisharp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't forget that ushers don't have to be males.  You can also have usherettes. 

Missing our little turkey.
    Estimated Due Date 11/13/12 | Natural Miscarriage 4/17/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Don't feel bad asking friends to help. You never know they may be excited you asked them to be apart of the wedding even thought it is a little part. We had to ask friends to help park cars because we are having an outside ceremony and reception on a ranch and all the parking is in a pasture. So to make sure we dont have cars in the picture we are having friends park cars to avoid that happening. When we asked our friend they were super excited to help do that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Some of my favorite quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because your reality is finally better than your dreams" -Dr. Seuss
    "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..." - Dr. Suess
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards