Jewish Weddings

opinion on pictures

good evening ladies!! are you seeing fi before ceremony to do pictures. if you have any options please fill me in! thanks!! happy planning

Re: opinion on pictures

• RedZeeRedZee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did. About 2 hours before the cocktail hour we saw each other. I walked up to my fiance whose back was turned and we greeted each other for the first time. It was a really nice moment. Then we took pictures, then we had the cocktail hour with bedeken, and then the ceremony.
    imageimage
    October 2013 February Siggy Challenge: Valentine's Day Fail Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    EDD 10/3/13 BabyFetus Ticker
  • RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    yes we saw each other before and took almost all of our pictures before the ceremony.  you will see each other for the bedeken anywho so i don't think there should be any issue with seeing each other before the chuppah imo.
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • tenofcups4metenofcups4me member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I saw him for pics ahead of time. That's what I've seen done at Jewish weddings for as long as I can remember (at least at reform weddings; I don't know about conservative and orthodox).
  • edited December 2011
    thanks ladies!!
  • jendawn80jendawn80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We're doing pics about 2 hours before too...  I love your plum inspiration photos..very pretty :-)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing some pics before the ketubah signing and then more pictures with family after the ceremony.
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing about 60-75 minutes of pictures of just us, then all the family formals before the ceremony, then a few more pictures of just us enroute to the cocktail hour afterwards.
  • silversparkssilversparks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't see each other before the badeken (traditional Conservative wedding). We took separate pictures with our families before the badeken then pictures together between yichud and the reception (during the  second half of the cocktail hour). We also did a few large group photos at the very end of the wedding. It may depend on what kind of photos you want and how many people are involved.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • razdazzlerazdazzle member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We will see eachother right before ketubah signing and take some pics together and with the bridal party.  I have a HUGE family, so I want to get those done so that we can do family pics during the cocktail hour. 

We are having a conservative wedding, I thought the bedeken was after the ketubah signing?
  • edited December 2011
    What I've seen done and I think is cool is for the bride and groom to meet privately before the Bedeken.  Groom is told to be somewhere and left there and then when the bride is ready she greets him there.  It's a nice way to share a private moment together and see each other without everyone else.  You can also have your photographer there to capture the moment if you'd like.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards