Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Philadelphia Themed Cocktail???

Okay brides, I am going to need your help in the creativity department for this one! My wedding is November 3rd, and our wedding has a Philadelphia theme. I've got everything else figured out except for one thing ... my signature drink! And we ALL know how important this little detail is ;)

I need help coming up with a simple cocktail - preferably a martini - and a cute Philadelphia name to go with it. For example, if I was getting married in NYC, I'd have appletinis and call them "Big Appletinis."

But I'm not getting married in NYC. LOL. Please help me come up with something adorable and creative! You're my only hope!

Re: Philadelphia Themed Cocktail???

• Options
    I have no idea...

Liberty Belltini ( Liberty Bell)

Rockytini (The film Rocky and Rocky II was filmed here)

"Cherry" Water ice-tini ( or whatever flavor the drink will be)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    http://www.phillymag.com/articles/philadelphia-s-signature-cocktail-the-philly-flyer/ I found this (which you may have already found), but it's a bit too "sports" I think-- if you'd wanted a "Flyers" or "Eagles" cocktail, I think you would have specified.

So I am thinking there are three ways you could go besides sports-- Liberty Bell, ROCKY, or Ben Franklin (or water ice, as Bliss suggested!) OR PRETZELS. But when I think Pretzels I don't think "martini". 

SO there's a "Bellini Martini", which is a common Martini variation, so the Liberty Bellini Martini works... which is... 2oz vodka, 1.5oz peach schnapps and peach nectar, garnish lemon peel -- and you could add/exchange one ingredient to make it more "Philly"? That's all I got-- though this seems like a fun adventure you are on, here! Good luck!
    kajs Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Maybe it would be cute to use a Philly Liquor like Penn Vodka or Blue Coat Gin? 

Possible Name (Don't laugh :)
    The Cocktail of Brotherly Love

I have no idea but this is fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Are you guys history buffs or going for cute?

http://drinkmemag.com/2011/07/madiera/
  • Options
    I really like Liberty Belltini!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am so thankful for all you ladies! That Bellini sounds absolutely delicious ... I think that is a strong contender! I like the other cute names as well ... Rockytini & The Cockatil of Brotherly Love ... I will keep you posted with what I wind up with :)
  • Options
    This might be cheesetastic but the suggestion "The Cocktal of Brotherly Love" made me think of "The 'Tini of Brotherly Love". 

Or playing off of Broad Street Bullies, what about Broad Street Bellini?  Market Street Martini? Or do a red drink called the Love Park Spark? 
  • Options
    Ooooh, love park spark!  That's great too!

If we get votes, I vote for either the Liberty Bellini or the Love Park Spark!  :)

346 Invited imageimage 206 Are ready to party!! image 115 Are missing out image 28 Are making me wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards