Ohio-Columbus

Tuxedo Rental...Where did you go?

At one of the bridal shows I gave Men's Warehouse a $10 deposit and would get my fiance a free suit and his tux free as long as our goomsmen went to Men's Warehouse as well.  Over time I've read horror stories about Men's Warehouse and wrong sizes being sent or the tux being sent to a wrong store.  This is something I don't want to deal with right before our wedding and so I am considering going elsewhere for our tuxedo rental.

Where did you all go for your tuxedo rental?  If you did go to Men's Warehouse, did you have any problems?  Have people had problems at other stores as well?

Thanks!

Re: Tuxedo Rental...Where did you go?

• edited December 2011
    Hi,
    I saw that deal at the bridal show but thought it was silly to put $10 down on something since i didnt have my fiance w me.  We havent done our tux order yet but will probably go to the mens warehouse.
    I have seen the bad reviews on mens warehouse but I have seen way more good reviews on them.  My fiance gets all his suits there and they have been great about getting him what he wants so I think we trust them. 
    I do feel like the mens warehouse thats is at the easton towncenter is the best one ive been to as far as customer service goes. 
    Hope that helps.
    Good luck
  • summer4077summer4077 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Men's Warehouse for several reasons.  Mainly, the groomsmen are scattered around the state and country so it was the easiest option for us.  We also liked the selection of styles and colors offered there and the price was reasonable. 

I feel like you will always have horror stories with any big chain of stores.  You have to take them with a grain of salt.  Whenever someone has a bad experience they're going to complain.  For every complaint, there are probably hundreds of satisfied customers. 

I'm not too worried about them messing anything up.  We went in a few weeks ago to pick out the tuxes and they told us that as long as the groomsmen come in 2 days prior to the wedding to try everything on for fit, they can fix anything by the wedding day.  I actually think them being such a big chain is a good thing because they have access to tuxes than your average tiny retailer in case something goes wrong.

Finally, I know at least 6 weddings who used MW and they didn't seem to have problems.  Hope this helps! 
  • edited December 2011
    We used MW. Didn't have any problems. The only minor problem we had was the BM's tux came in and the pants were a little too short so they had to let them out a bit. But other than, that, everything was perfect. They told us that as long as the tuxes were picked up by 4pm on Friday or was it Thursday? (if the wedding is Sat) they can fix anything in time for a Saturday wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Skeffingtons bc they had a 20 off coupon for all groomsmen, and gave groom free rental and free suit. seemed to be the best deal at the time for the tuxes we wanted (important b/c we ordered brown tuxes)
  • edited December 2011
    We went to Joan's Bridal in Reynoldsburg, they have Jim's Formalware.  I signed up for that too at the bridal show this past January and decided not to go with them because they sold my number and I received several calls trying to get me to participate in a time share so I got annoyed.  This reminds me I need to go in with that receipt to get my money back!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We used Men's Warehouse only because all of our groomsmen were OOT. We had a couple problems with ours. They forgot to order my husband's jacket and pants (isn't that the key to a tux?!) so luckily his tux came in on Thursday so he could pick up the remaining pieces on Friday. Also, one of the groomsmen told me at the rehearsal dinner that his shirt was way too big for him in the body (he wanted to know if my husband's shirt fit the same -it didn't) and asked me what he should do. I told him just to pick up a white shirt at Express the next morning. He did and you couldn't tell he was wearing a different shirt. So  we had some problems, but fix them ASAP so it can be fixed in time before the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards