Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Do I have to wear makeup?

so I have never been a big makeup person, I have really sensetive skin, and to be honest I wouldn't know how to start (My mom lives in dallas and I grew up living with my dad) So I wasn't really planning to wear more than lip gloss on my wedding day but now my grandmother and MOH and everyone else are telling me that I HAVE to wear makeup
do I really have to?
Is it wierd if I don't?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Do I have to wear makeup?

• The only down fall of not wearing make up, is that your features will not stand out in pictures.  (i.e. Eyes) I also don't wear make-up, but there are many great make-up artists out there that do really natural looking application while enhancing your features.  Also I am looking into airbrush make-up which I have heard works great, because I also have sensitive skin.  I would say that you probably have to wear a little bit of make-up, and I don't recommend just wearing lip gloss.
  • nackiejicholenackiejichole member
    First Comment
    edited March 2010
    I say of course you do whatever you are comfortable with but I agree with above. If you do not wear any makeup then you will seem washed out in pics. I had airbrushed makeup for my e-pics and I really liked it. I would say if you have it in your budget set up a trial with a makeup artist your area. They are going to do what you like and you could try airbrush or standard makeup and you can see how it looks before the big day.
  • Ditto pps.  Makeup helps your features stand out in pictures.  It can be done super-natually so you don't look like a totally different person.  You can start by talking to someone at a department store makeup counter - they can give you ideas and show you how to apply makeup.
  • To add to my pp:

A friend of mine used the MAC makeup counter the day of her wedding and for her bridal pics. It is very inexpensive if you do it this way. Usually they make you buy like 2 products that will be used then the application is free. I would highly suggest the MAC counter if you want to do this. I asked my makeup artist about this and she said the MAC counter is the only one she would trust because they are not just sales people applying makeup however they see fit. I might actually have done this myself if I hadn't already paid my deposit for my makeup artist.
  • Good plan...  Also, google bridal makeup & check out the youtube tutorials on it, there's a bunch for subtle makeup.  I'll bet you surprise yourself at  how pretty you'll look!  Best advise I can give is to pick one feature (eyes or lips) & play that up with the rest very subtle. i.e.... Dark lips AND smokey eyes will likely look quite overdone.  Have fun!
  • Agree with PP...a trial is also good to let you know how the makeup will wear as the day goes on...I'm going for a very natural look for my day, so I do understand why you'd want to skip it, but for your pictures and to enhance your overall look, you may want to use a powder foundation, mascara and a pretty lipstick, if nothing else...good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards