Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Marriage License

Now that we're less than a month out(!) we have to figure out the license situation. We were going to go to the downtown location (I think it's the records building? I forget) but I was just wondering, based on others experience, if this is something we could meet up for during a late lunch break or if we need to set aside a few hours for parking/lines/etc. Thanks!

Re: Marriage License

• It took us about an hour at the one on Belt Line in Richardson. You get there and sign in, but then have to wait for them to process. We did it on a long lunch hour. Also that one only does them from like 1-3, so check the hours at the downtown one.
  • It didn't take us but 30 minutes, but we were the first ones in line after they opend back up form lunch.  We went to the one in Southlake, so possibly a little less crowded than some of the others as well...
  • It didn't take us long at the Belt Line location (maybe 30 minutes?), but we had the documentation filled out already, so all we had to do was check in and wait. I recommend visiting the county clerks website prior to going.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_marriage-license-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b1e1e473-8dcf-4f1e-b356-76b0bd592a17Post:496308f7-ab46-41c9-8492-ebe28e0e8814">Re: Marriage License</a>:
    [QUOTE]It didn't take us long at the Belt Line location (maybe 30 minutes?), but we had the documentation filled out already, so all we had to do was check in and wait. I<strong> recommend visiting the county clerks website prior to going</strong>.
    Posted by courtski2004[/QUOTE]

Great idea, thanks!!
  • Not sure which downtown location you are referring to (Dallas or FW) but in Fort Worth it is the records building and we went on a Tuesday (I believe that Monday and Friday are the busiest). We went early morning (before lunch) and there was NO wait. It was awesome. We work downtown so I think it actually took us longer to walk over there than it did to get the license.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards