Texas-San Antonio

THE DRESS!

I am about to start my search for THE DRESS and was wondering if anyone could recommend a great place to do business.  The San Antonio Yellow Pages website has so many contradicting comments its hard to know what to believe.  If anyone can share their recent experiences and/or recommend a great sales person I'd appreciate it!

Re: THE DRESS!

• edited December 2011
    Mayfair Bridal-- but go during the week, so you can get awesome service. Weekends you have to share with a lot of brides.
  • edited December 2011
    I got mine at putting on the ritz. its a second hand dress shop but the ladies are super sweet and not all the dresses have been worn. Mine was brand new for $250, plus they have ALOT of dresses to choose for bridesmaids and very helpful. I went to Debis bridal, near north star mall, first and found an amazing dress but the staff was rude and made me feel like a burden.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • TTiger03TTiger03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you choose to go to David's Bridal go to the one near Northstar NOT the one nearIngram.  There is a HUGE difference in service.  
    The service was nice at Alfred Angelo too, but they didn't have the selection I was looking for.

Anywhere you go, try to go in with an idea of what you want and probably some pictures too if you have them.  The consultant will have an easier time if she knows what you want.  However, don't be afraid to try on something you would normally overlook.  Sometimes something you didn't like in the pictures or on the hanger is perfect.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    My sister got her dress from Bridal Galleria off of San Pedro across from North Star Mall.  From what I can remember they had a pretty good selection and their customer service was excellent.  I went to David's Bridal in Corpus (my hometown), but have not gotten a chance to look up.  I know their is a greater variety up here.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Mayfair, Mayfair, Mayfair! They are amazing my aunt got her dress there almost 22 years ago, my sister last year, and i will be getting mine there in a few months! they have excellent service! and are willing to do whatever to make you happy!
  • edited December 2011
    I had a bad experience at David's Bridal by North Star Mall. The sales associate helping me was so pushy and wouldn't let me leave without putting money down. Of course I wasn't ready too since it was the first place I'd tried dresses on.

The second time I went dress shopping I tried Alfred Angelo by North Star Mall and the sales associate wouldn't let me try anything on. There were two other ladies in the store so it wasn't as if they were swamped with customers. The one thing she allowed me to do was unzip the garment bag and take a few pictures of a dress I liked.

A friend took me to Bridal Galleria off San Pedro and I fell in love with the gown I purchased! I loved it so much that I went back three times and the third time I put money down. I wanted to wear that dress all day! When I couldn't stop thinking about it days after I'd left I knew that was the dress I'd been looking for.

Good luck searching! There are millions of options so I'm positive you will find something that takes your breath away!
  • christyg03christyg03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Julian Gold. They have all price ranges, and Barbie Roberts will find you your dream dress in your budget!
  • judeandmariajudeandmaria member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Julian Gold- Ask for Velma, she is beyond awesome!
    Mayfair Bridal - Ask for Yazmin!

Debi's bridal is good too, but it depends on your taste and budget (their dresses don't exceed $2,000). When I went there, Melissa helped me.

I DO NOT recommend David's Bridal by North Star Mall. They are pushy and want you to fill out a lot of info. However, if you are just starting out and want to get "practice" and try on a bunch of different dresses to figure out your style, that is a good place to go.

Wherever  you end up, I suggest you:

1. Make an appointment (even if you call ahead the same day you want the appointment)
    2. Go during the week if you can (Fri-Sun are usually busy times)
    3. Bring your own strapless bra and slip to try on dresses

Good luck!

-M
  • ylicqylicq member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    So glad I found this post... I went to Debi's Northstar Mall area..at first slightly annoyed because I spent a few hours looking online for dresses Debi Bridal states they are retailers for.

I chose about 10 dresses and wrote their style #'s. At my appt there was only about 4 dresses that were in stock to try. The consultant was uninterested, not helpful, and couldn't just not been there.The owner was onsite and gave great ideas..capsleeves anyone?  

We left and went to another bridal store and tried on a few dresses-David's Bridal-ask for Carrie-absolutely nice and funny and is really there for you.  She wants to make a sale of course but she's not pushy and even offered her coupon. 

David's Bridal very busy  on the weekends and make an appt!

I'm going to make an appt for Mayfair Bridal!
  • edited December 2011
    Mayfair.  I've been to all of them from San Antonio to Austin and Mayfair has a HUGE selection, knowledgable staff and I completely trust the alterations will be done perfectly.  The owner has the most graceful air and will make sure you feel completely beautiful.  I worked with Tabby and she is a genuis at taking a picture and finding a gown to meet what you're looking for. 

Also, Celebrations (a quick drive into New Braunfels) is a great place.  The area where you stand in from of their mirrors is the best for seeing the enitre gown at once. 

These are by far the best shops in our area!
  • edited December 2011
    I just found and put money down on "The Dress" for me at Bridal Galleria.  They are very sweet ladies.  Just make sure to call in advance to set up an appointment.  My sister also purchased her dress from them and had a great experience.  I'm not sure when your wedding is, but I ordered my dress the week of Jan. 18th and it won't arrive until June.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards