Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Wedding Night Hotels

Hi Guys!  I feel like everyday I spend all my time at work researching a certain wedding detail.  Today it was wedding night hotels.  We will be flying out of DFW the next morning, taking a town car from the reception to the hotel, so we def want a shuttle to the airport from the hotel.  I was thinking the girls could get ready at the hotel the morning of the wedding.  I called one Hyatt location, and they recommended that I book the night before the wedding also, that way we will be able to enter the room at whatever time we need, instead of the typical 3pm check in.  Since now we would need to book two nights instead of one, I'd like to keep it under $150/night.

So far I'd found Hyatt Regency, Marriott DFW, Marriott DFW South, Sheraton DFW.  Have any of yall been to any of these?

Ugh I feel like just when I've done a good bit of planning, 4 million more things pop up :(
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Night Hotels

• I've stayed at both Marriotts, and they were fine.  Nothing memorable and nothing terrible.  Comfy beds, if I remember correctly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't understand why you wouldn't be able to check in at any time.  You should be able to give them a credit card number to guarantee your room and just check in whenever you're ready.  It sounds like they just want your money for an extra night.

My BIL and SIL just stayed at a Marriott downtown, so I will ask him which one.
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_wedding-night-hotels?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:f534d9bf-9056-4f40-b3c6-14e01f5796a0Post:3448d52e-3cfb-4239-9f13-a7480cf3f98f">Re: Wedding Night Hotels</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I don't understand why you wouldn't be able to check in at any time</strong>.  You should be able to give them a credit card number to guarantee your room and just check in whenever you're ready.  It sounds like they just want your money for an extra night. My BIL and SIL just stayed at a Marriott downtown, so I will ask him which one.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

<div>3:00 PM check-in is the standard for hotels.  Most hotels have check-out by 11:00 AM, and that gives them 4 hours to clean all of the vacated rooms before new guests check in for the evening.  If there's a free room that wasn't being used the night before, they probably could let you check in whenever you want, but most places won't guarantee that you will be able to.</div>
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_wedding-night-hotels?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:f534d9bf-9056-4f40-b3c6-14e01f5796a0Post:5d374f46-d34f-4340-b8e0-b7a06b665bee">Re: Wedding Night Hotels</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Night Hotels : 3:00 PM check-in is the standard for hotels.  Most hotels have check-out by 11:00 AM, and that gives them 4 hours to clean all of the vacated rooms before new guests check in for the evening.  If there's a free room that wasn't being used the night before, they probably could let you check in whenever you want, but most places won't guarantee that you will be able to.
    Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]

<div>I've never stayed at a hotel where I couldn't check in late.  In fact, most of the time I don't get to hotels until 8 or 9.</div>
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_wedding-night-hotels?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:f534d9bf-9056-4f40-b3c6-14e01f5796a0Post:5d374f46-d34f-4340-b8e0-b7a06b665bee">Re: Wedding Night Hotels</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Night Hotels : 3:00 PM check-in is the standard for hotels.  Most hotels have check-out by 11:00 AM, and that gives them 4 hours to clean all of the vacated rooms before new guests check in for the evening.  If there's a free room that wasn't being used the night before, they probably could let you check in whenever you want, <strong>but most places won't guarantee that you will be able to.</strong>
    Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]

<div>This is exactly what they told me.  Since my ceremony is at 3, checking in at 3 won't work for me.  It makes sense to get the extra night, just sucks that I'll be wasting money!</div>
  • angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_wedding-night-hotels?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:f534d9bf-9056-4f40-b3c6-14e01f5796a0Post:0cb712e4-11d2-432d-8565-4292e6e94863">Re: Wedding Night Hotels</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Night Hotels : I've never stayed at a hotel where I couldn't check in late.  In fact, most of the time I don't get to hotels until 8 or 9.

<div>
    </div><div>Right -- you can always check in as late as you want on the night you have the room reserved.  </div><div>
    </div><div>But they don't allow you to check in early like OP wants to do.  She wants to get into a room <u>before</u> the 3:00 PM check-in time to get ready.  If she wants to do that, she needs to book the night before the wedding as well because they will not let her in until 3:00 PM on her wedding day if she only reserves the room for her wedding night.  Hence, she has to pay two nights for the room.</div>
  • OH.  I misread that part.

OP, the night before our wedding, I stayed in the hotel that I blocked rooms at and rented a parlor for us to get ready in (set up a "late checkout"), that some people slept in the night before.  Then H and I stayed at a bed and breakfast in uptown the night of the wedding.  But yeah, angelsong is right, and I am dumb.
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_wedding-night-hotels?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:f534d9bf-9056-4f40-b3c6-14e01f5796a0Post:f475ebd5-fac4-40b2-bef4-4721dc9d9e1b">Re: Wedding Night Hotels</a>:
    [QUOTE]OH.  I misread that part. OP, the night before our wedding, I stayed in the hotel that I blocked rooms at and rented a parlor for us to get ready in (set up a "late checkout"), that some people slept in the night before.  Then H and I stayed at a bed and breakfast in uptown the night of the wedding.  But yeah, angelsong is right, <strong>and I am dumb</strong>.

<div>No ma'am... you just misread it.  I knew you had -- I KNOW you aren't dumb!!!</div>
  • DH and I have stayed at the Hyatt Regency at the airport many times thanks to Priceline.  Why not try that avenue?  We have been able to stay there as cheaply as $45 a night.  It's a great hotel and the rooms are very comfortable and pretty spacious.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_wedding-night-hotels?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:f534d9bf-9056-4f40-b3c6-14e01f5796a0Post:dca485d3-cdcb-4fc3-b25c-b7efc88e708e">Re: Wedding Night Hotels</a>:
    [QUOTE]DH and I have stayed at the Hyatt Regency at the airport many times thanks to Priceline.  Why not try that avenue?  We have been able to stay there as cheaply as $45 a night.  It's a great hotel and the rooms are very comfortable and pretty spacious.  
    Posted by juliebug1997[/QUOTE]

<div>Did y'all do the name your own price thing?  The Hyatt Regency is considered DFW North, right?</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_wedding-night-hotels?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:f534d9bf-9056-4f40-b3c6-14e01f5796a0Post:2000c16e-bb53-48a2-acfd-9b7769a4b8f8">Re: Wedding Night Hotels</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Night Hotels : Did y'all do the name your own price thing?  The Hyatt Regency is considered DFW North, right?
    Posted by brandonmelissa12[/QUOTE]

We did do the name your own price and I just called him and he said that it is DFW North.  He said they always seem to have enough capacity. 

We stayed there for four nights last February when we had that bad weather and they were great to work with!
  • I know I should prob just do it, because I was able to get 4* DFW North for $45/night, but I'm scared!  I hate not knowing exactly what I'm getting before I pay for it. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_wedding-night-hotels?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:f534d9bf-9056-4f40-b3c6-14e01f5796a0Post:e9fd6f94-76dd-4278-86c3-010919422c33">Re: Wedding Night Hotels</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know I should prob just do it, because I was able to get 4* DFW North for $45/night, but I'm scared!  I hate not knowing exactly what I'm getting before I pay for it. 
    Posted by brandonmelissa12[/QUOTE]

You should be okay. I'm always a little scared when he does it, bit there's only been one time out of dozens where it didn't work out and that was in another part of Dallas.
  • Here are the hotels that come up as in the DFW area as 4 star--correct me if I'm wrong.  My guess is it's only four of these when you select the DFW North option for name your own price. I think any of them would be a steal at $45. Even if you have to pay for a cab... that won't be too much since it's so close to the airport and you will have saved money on the hotel.

Westin DFW
    Hyatt Regency DFW
    Grand Hyatt DFW
    Hilton DFW Lakes
    Gaylord Texan
    Omni Las Colinas

Another option is the Homewood Suites DFW North Location. We had family stay there and even though it's low on the star rating... it is really nice and clean, with modern kitchenette applicances and a little sitting room in each suite that's great for talking to people. Great breakfast also and a shuttle to the airport! Not the prettiest view, but affordable.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_wedding-night-hotels?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:f534d9bf-9056-4f40-b3c6-14e01f5796a0Post:916bfb8e-13cb-4c3a-9fff-ea452218a06e">Re: Wedding Night Hotels</a>:
    [QUOTE]Here are the hotels that come up as in the DFW area as 4 star--correct me if I'm wrong.  My guess is it's only four of these when you select the DFW North option for name your own price. I think any of them would be a steal at $45. Even if you have to pay for a cab... that won't be too much since it's so close to the airport and you will have saved money on the hotel. Westin DFW Hyatt Regency DFW Grand Hyatt DFW Hilton DFW Lakes Gaylord Texan Omni Las Colinas Another option is the Homewood Suites DFW North Location. We had family stay there and even though it's low on the star rating... it is really nice and clean, with modern kitchenette applicances and a little sitting room in each suite that's great for talking to people. Great breakfast also and a shuttle to the airport! Not the prettiest view, but affordable.
    Posted by Jen6862[/QUOTE]

We have never been able to get the Grand Hyatt on Priceline and we've tried.  I think the Westin, the Hilton DFW Lakes, the Gaylord and the Omni all have shuttles.  The Embassy Suites does as well.  We have only got the Embassy Suites once on Priceline and have never gotten the Gaylord through them.  However, if you have your heart set on the Gaylord, you might try Travelocity.  We did get a room at $125 one night (as opposed to $200) through them but you still have to pay for parking. 
  • Well, after stressing about this all day I come home to put the bid and I got rejected and have to wait 24 hours!
  • I used to work for the hyatt...you can check in at 7am if they have a room clean and ready for you. I would find out what the occupany is the night before and decide from there. If its 70% or less most likely it will still be around that by the time the wedding comes around since most big group blocks are already booked. If not you can always pre-check in, leave your stuff there and then come back after the wedding to get the keys.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards