Nevada-Las Vegas

Engagement pictures getting done this weekend!!

WooHoo! Me and FI are making the 6-8 hour (all depends on how roads are) drive down to Anchorage to tomorrow to get our engagement pictures done on Saturday! I made the mistake of cutting some bangs in to my hair two days ago, I like the bangs but maybe I should have waited until after pictures I'm still getting used to them.  Excited to see how the pictures turn out so can get our save the dates done!
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic PersonalMilestone BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Engagement pictures getting done this weekend!!

• direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Fun!!  So are you in Fairbanks?  I spent two summers working in Denali and we'd drive to Fairbanks every payday for our "civilization" trip.  Fast food, movies, shopping, etc.

Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• hstaples4hstaples4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah we're in Fairbanks. That's pretty sad Fairbanks was your civilization trip cause well you've seen it not much here, sometimes I forget though Fairbanks is a lot bigger then most other places in Alaska. Anchorage is my civilization trip...Nordstroms, an actual shopping mall, and STARBUCKS!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic PersonalMilestone BabyFruit Ticker
  • direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    Haha - Fairbanks would actually still be considered civilization from where I'm at now, although in a different sense.  When I was in Denali, we were just excited for Fred Meyer!
    Married 5.6.11

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh Yes Fred Meyer is a staple here, I'm pretty sure Fairbanks would crumble with out it. We were so close to getting a Target last year, they got their building permits and everything then backed out at the last second, I almost lost it. Another thing I'm excited to go to Anchorage for...Target!
  • direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011

That stinks.  Where I currently live, the closest affordable shopping is 45 minutes away, which used to only include a Walmart & K-Mart (I live in Aspen so it's all Gucci & Prada stores that I've never set foot in).  They FINALLY built a Target, Pier One, Bed Bath & Beyond & Petco about 5 years ago and we were all so freaking excited.  It's the little things... :)

Married 5.6.11

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would kill for a bed bath & beyond! So has it been very easy doing wedding shopping there? I can't do ANY wedding shopping here, there isn't even a dress store. I'm flying to Washington in June, where I grew up and all my family is, so I'm buying my wedding dress then but other then that it's all on-line for me
  • direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    The most difficult part has been the bridesmaid dresses because 3 out of my 4 girls also live here.  The closest place to shop is Grand Junction, which is about a 2 hour drive.  So in total, they have to make 3 trips to GJ; one to try on dresses, we were there last weekend for fitting, and they have to go back to pick them up.  I ended up getting my dress in Vegas because FI's family live there.  And ditto the online shopping...

Where in Washington are you from?  I grew up there too...
    Married 5.6.11

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm from Buckley (western washington) it's a pretty small town but was nice cause you're surrounded by so much so it was never too long of drive to get anywhere. Going from western Washington where everything was easily accessible to Fairbanks, Alaska...big adjustment. On the bright side I don't have near the shopping addiction I used to :)

• direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    I think I dated a guy that lived in that area, lol.  I'm from Monroe, another small town that nobody has heard of...
    Married 5.6.11

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haven't been to Monroe too many times but I know of it. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards