Texas-Houston

How was T-Day?

How was everyone's Thanksgiving? Did anyone experience the madness of Black Friday? Start decorating for Christmas?
Photobucket
Our little miracle, Jett.
Planning Bio,
My Blog

Re: How was T-Day?

• Zurita1123Zurita1123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

i made the turkey and helped my sister with all the other stuff.
    went shopping at 330am lol... finished by 8am. DS has been sick and has a nasty cough soooo I have not rested much. Hopefully he will feel better soon. poor thing.

ps: this board sucks. stupid new format.

• STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Z-that sucks that DS has that cough. hope he feels better soon. how miserable! Get any good deals from Black Friday?

Thanksgiving was great! We went to the inlaws and DH made most of it. I made an appetizer and dessert, which were big hits. So rewarding.

We didn't get up early we went shopping later that day, which wasn't too bad. We got a tree and did most of our decorating. I love Christmas!

P.S. I agree the board does suck. I blame the new formatting. It takes forever!
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • lmmckenna18lmmckenna18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Turkey Day was great. It was nice to just be able to relax.

I worked Black Friday but we weren't crazy busy. It's probably because we weren't having any big sales and all the early morning shoppers were gone by the time I got there at 1.

We put up our tree yesterday. It's my first real tree in years. We were going to put up outside lights too but it was raining here in Austin.

our tree:

• Eboix518Eboix518 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We had a good Turkey day

I made my first Turkey and it came out sooo good, everyone loved it, and I made a pumpkin roll which I still munched on last night! I got to see my nephew who is now running around, so cute

In-Laws came in and helped redo our flower beds and up root these awful tree bush things we had in our yard, now we have nice mulch and pretty new flowers. They also bought us a new pre lit tree -  I love it!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Well there was family drama on T-day at my Dads. Honestly my brother and I figured and it wasn't as bad as we thought it would be.

On black firday we took my step father, brother, and newphew to get suits for the wedding. OMG taking boys shopping is like pulling teeth. They finally look all handsome but it took three hours!! Then I went and paid off the cake and flowers. Made changes to everything almost but it's all done. Then hit up a million little stores and the mall. It was crowded but not to bad. I finished all my bridesmaids gifts.

My Mom and I put up christmas decorations. We are trying to get the house ready for the RD. I have a ton left to do once I move home next week.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with everyone on the new layout.  It is harder to get on at work now.

Thanksgiving was good for us.  We went to my brothers and it was stressfree.  I went shopping Friday morning, but only got movies.  There were some good deals at Target.  I had a cake tasting at 3 Brothers Bakery.  I also asked FI's sister to be a BM.  All in all a productive weekend.
  • edited December 2011
    -thanksgiving was nice .. but i got sick. i'm still trying to recover. :(
    -i went to williams sonoma on black friday for peppermint bark. even though i was in and out the crowds were AWFUL.
    -will and i put up our little tree in our apartment, that's the only decorating i've done so far.
  • Zurita1123Zurita1123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    stbmm- hopefully he'll feel better soon.
    I went to VS and got the pretty bag lol, new bras. clothes at old navy... i love their sweaters!
  • ayersfam20ayersfam20 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

It was great!  We hosted and had a lot of fun doing it. 

I made the turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes and green bean casserole and DH made some marshmallow fruit salad thingy. 

His Mom and sister each made a dish and his Mom made all the pies.  I had one sister come from Denton and one from Montana.  Chris' parents were there along with his sister, her husband and their daughter who also came from Dallas.  It was so much fun!

No black friday shopping for me - i slept in!

We put up our tree and all the inside decorations on Saturday.  We're going to do the outside later this week - hooray!

Abbie Rose 9.26.2004
    Collin Thayne 10.11.2010
  • sweet__peasweet__pea member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It was nice.  I didn't have to cook, so that was a good thing, although I did lots of baking!  My pecan and apple pies were a huge hit.

It was our first Thanksgiving as a married couple, so we wanted a more intimate dinner.

Didn't do Black Friday...that's for crazy people!  haha  j/k  I was busy working a wedding.  Did enjoy the weekend!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards