Favors

how soon is too soon?

Hi all I am in the beginning stages of getting all my ducks in a row and I was wondering how soon can you purchase edible favors? I am getting married in december and I didn't want to get them too early but if I could get a good rate on items like that I would love to be able to save when I can.

Thanks...

Re: how soon is too soon?

• It depends on what you're getting.  If it's cookies, it's too soon - they'll get stale.  If it's candy, that's different.  Candy lasts a long, long time if stored properly (not in the refrigerator).  Check the expiration date on the package.
  • Meh.

So you have two options:
    1. Buy the candy max 1 month out (to guarantee freshness) and it might cost a bit more
    2. Buy the candy whenever it's on sale, save some money, and risk the guests getting stale candy. Eeww.

Is the maybe like $10-$20 cost savings if you buy the candy on sale really worth it? If your budget is that tight, you should probably just cut out favors altogether since they're not a requirement.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_how-soon-is-too-soon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:1e87417f-6ee7-48c9-b173-af63d8443d59Post:5da0b40b-e6f0-4107-a42a-a2ffd0698975">how soon is too soon?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi all I am in the beginning stages of getting all my ducks in a row and I was wondering how soon can you purchase edible favors? I am getting married in december and I didn't want to get them too early but if I could get a good rate on items like that I would love to be able to save when I can. Thanks...
    Posted by tiffinij25[/QUOTE]

What type of edible favors?
  • Not knowing what kind of edible favors you are talking about makes this hard to answer.

We bought M&Ms and Reece's Pieces for our candy buffet at the end of October. They were perfectly fine for our January wedding. The leftovers are still perfect. We did store them in a cool dark room though. Everything else we purchased the week of.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards