Texas-Houston

Vendor Review - SCF Events (Florist)

SCF Events - Laura
A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ (5.0/5.0)
Laura has a GREAT eye for style and beauty. I would give her simple one-liner descriptions on the ambiance and look that I was aiming for and her resulting product far surpassed what I imagined. BEYOND gorgeous! Laura was so easy to work with and so helpful with recommendations and ideas. She is constantly coming up with new and creative ideas that I think I changed my mind on things at least a few times before finalizing any arrangements. Her website is by far one of the best I've seen as far as displaying her work and talents and pictures are one of the best tools any vendor can use to help their customers make decisions from afar. I really wanted artichokes and kale in my centerpieces (I work in agriculture) and Laura integrated it so well and everything looked stunning yet sophisticated. She even offers a number of decorative items for rental that I hadn't seen at other vendors (i.e., giant vases, pillars, lanterns, stands, chuppah, etc.) - another plus for someone trying to add that special touch of uniqueness to their event :-).

Re: Vendor Review - SCF Events (Florist)

• amy40311amy40311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you mind me asking how much she charged you?
  • edited December 2011
    It will vary by your flower choices, but it was about:

$200 for bridal bouquet
    $60 for bridesmaid bouquet
    $7 for bouttonieres
    $35 for small centerpieces
    $125 for large centerpieces

Hope that helps :-)
  • amy40311amy40311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! That does help a lot. I've already contacted Laura about availability for my wedding. She got back super fast and said that's her husband's birthday weekend, but she will let me know soon. 

I asked on another thread, but in case you missed it. Who did your cake? I love it! Did Laura add the flowers or did the cake vendor? What was your cake budget?
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Amy,

I sent you a PM. Laura added the flowers on the cake. I got my cake from Le Duc for a really good price. Laura's really good at finding ways to save you money. I originally requested only orchids on the cake and she advised it'd be way costly and came up with what she did, which I ended up loving so much more.

You can also email me at julieandalbert at gmail dot com if you have any further questions. Happy planning to you!

• FutureMrsDangFutureMrsDang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just wanted to add that I used SCF for my wedding awhile back ago and she did a FABULOUS job!  She is an awesome vendor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards