Oklahoma

Venue suggestions?

Hi....

I'm looking for a venue in the OKC area (or south of OKC) to accommodate about 60 people. My preferences: I'd prefer it not be a church nor a chapel. Something fun and slightly more obscure - not used by everybody. Keep in mind it's a February wedding so it must be indoors, unfortunately. Something along the lines of the round barn in Arcadia, a train depot, etc. Some places I'm not a fan of - golf course type things, a definite no to Festivities in El Reno - simply because I went to a wedding there that was a trainwreck. I'm not sure who's fault it was but I'm not willing to take chances :)

I'm hoping maybe somebody will have a suggestion :) My fear with a large venue is a lot of empty space. No thanks :)

Re: Venue suggestions?

• edited December 2011
    I know you said you didn't prefer golf course stuff, but this place is kind of awesome, IMO.  http://www.cobblestonecreekgolfclub.com/CCGC/Clubhouse.html (you have to be patient while their website loads... it's kind of a nightmare... but worth it)

Other suggestions... the train depot in Norman:  http://www.thepas.org/content/view/37/88/

Ok, so I said, "suggestions" but it looks like I really only have 1 other right now.  I'll keep thinking.
  • edited December 2011
    OMG, and if you're willing to go to El Reno, check out the chapel at Fort Reno.  We went to look at it and it is SOOOOOOOOOO awesome.  I would have had it there in a heartbeat.  Keith was just afraid it would be too small (for our 150 person guestlist).

http://fortreno.org/chapel.htm
  • smads06smads06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As long as you have under 150 people, which from your original post you said 60 so you would be fine, Kelly Long (the coordinator at Cobblestone Creek) said the first floor of the Club House at Cobblestone Creek would accommodate a wedding. The fireplace would be your backdrop and there is a beautiful set of wooden stairs you could walk down.

I am having my wedding there in May and am keeping under the 150 limit in case of rain.
  • edited December 2011
    Chesapeake Boathouse

Hamilton Event Center

The Palace Event Center

Oklahoma History Center

Castle Falls

OKC Farmer's Market is supposed to be really neat, but HUGE
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you all! I love the Fort Reno chapel from the pics - wow! Is that amazing or what? Going to go google the rest! You ladies rock.
  • Stace31601Stace31601 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I Cross My Heart Weddin Chapel in choctaw

And there is one in the paseo district that is to die for....
  • Tocan2008Tocan2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    have you looked into the Chesapeake Boathouse? I had my wedding there and the place is just stunning and the staff is superb! I had my wedding in February of last year and I received a 40% discount since its their off season. Here is the guy in charges e-mail. He was really amazing! tcancemi@okcbf.org Tell him I sent you! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards