Michigan-Northern

Northern Michigan Venues- Suggestions??

A week after I got engaged, I moved from Michigan (where I want to get married) to North Carolina. Since I recently moved, it's hard to visit any venues. I'm from the south part of the state, hubby-to-be is from Northern Michigan- where we want to tie the knot.
Any ideas of beautiful venues up there? We really like the winery/big wooden barn idea (anthropology theme) but are open to all ideas. 
Anyone tie the knot in Northern Michigan??? Any Suggestions for wedding/reception venues would be a huge help! Thanks!

Re: Northern Michigan Venues- Suggestions??

• This doesn't really tie into your winery or wooden barn idea but my Fiance and I just booked our ceremony on the beach at Holiday Inn West Bay in Traverse City and the reception at Reserved at Streeter's Center in TC.  Compared to some of the other reception venues we looked at, Reserved was awesome. 

Regarding your winery idea, there are winerys that will host wedding ceremonies and/or receptions depending on the number of people.  An example is Chateau Chantal in Mission Peninsula, but they will only host up to approximately 50 people.  Otherwise, you could try Black Star Farms in Suttons Bay.  I don't know very much about them, but it may be closer to what you are looking for.

Hope this helps!
  • Try the Headlands, 45 North Vineyard, Leelenau Cellars for reception.
  • As far as wineries, you can also try Gill's Pier, and non-winery related, I'd look into The Homestead as well: http://www.thehomesteadresort.com/

We live in California but are getting married in Northern Michigan (Country Club of Boyne in Harbor Springs) and looked at a TON of different places from Glen Arbor all the way up to Mackinaw City. Happy to help!

• Chamberlin's Ole Forest Inn in Curtis,MI..approx. an hour north of the bridge.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards