Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Site suggestions for large reception

Hi, ladies. I'm new to this board, and was wondering if any of you have suggestions for a reception location near Independence, MO. We are looking at about 300 guests. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Re: Site suggestions for large reception

• Options
    edited December 2011
    hmmm, depends on what is 'near'.  I looked at Loose mansion which is close and i think can have a lot of people. You could always do something fun like the Kansas city library down town.  Im getting married at the elms in excelsior springs and it can hold a lot of people but is prolly too far away
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look into those. I was hoping for something a little closer, but may have to take what I can get :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    So i was looking through my e-mails this morning at the place i looked for a site and here are  few more:

Town Pravilion
    Sawyer room
    Hawthorn house in parkville (really nice spot and you have to have 200 to use which is why i can't use it)
    Clubhouse on Baltimore

I get the wanting it close...i ended up going far.  My mom loved the site(i haven't seen it yet...i'm planning my wedding from Michigan and doing it in only 9 months).  Its in the wood and my wedding is in october.  We are going to get married outside in the gazebo and should be very pretty.  

If you need more location suggestions let me know.  I started looking online long before i was engaged, so i have some ideas.
  • Options
    mikeysmom07mikeysmom07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Emaline Ballroom in Lee's Summit
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Pavilions right off of 40 Hwy.  http://www.pavilionhalls.com/services.htm (it says KC on their website but it is between Noland Rd. and Lee's Summit Rd. on 40)

or for something a little further away.

Hawthorne House in Parkville...it is a bit far but holds a lot and is absolutely gorgeous.  Good Luck. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards