Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Checks checks checks

1) After receiving NUMEROUS (like, 1x/day for the past 3 weeks) cell phone calls from a mystery number, I finally picked up and lo and behold, it's the Men's Wearhouse, calling to see if I'm interested in a tux fitting because it seems David's Bridal sold my info to them after I tried some dresses on there.
Yell
Well, you know what, privacy policy be damned because YES, I would like some tuxes from the Men's Wearhouse.  Even though it's hella early (Me: Uh, do I need to do this now?  My wedding is like, 11 months away.. Men's Wearhouse agent: Oh yes, you should definitely make your reservation now to take advantage of our $40 off promotion), FI and I went in to make our party reservation and pick those suckers out.  Vest/tie colors below...purple for dads, aqua for everyone else.

2) Put down my deposit for my reception today, which is simultaneously exciting and terrifying.  $4K non-refundable deposit to Mandalay Bay catering=come hell or highwater, we's getting MARRIED.

Anyone else coming along with checks?  

Re: Checks checks checks

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_checks-checks-checks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:fa2636a4-5617-450b-bd08-58e76a687392Post:368d1bd4-0805-4838-a184-19a468d544ba">Checks checks checks</a>:
    [QUOTE]1) After receiving NUMEROUS (like, 1x/day for the past 3 weeks) cell phone calls from a mystery number, I finally picked up and lo and behold, it's the Men's Wearhouse, calling to see if I'm interested in a tux fitting because it seems David's Bridal sold my info to them after I tried some dresses on there. Well, you know what, privacy policy be damned because YES, I would like some tuxes from the Men's Wearhouse.  Even though it's hella early (Me: Uh, do I need to do this now?  My wedding is like, 11 months away.. Men's Wearhouse agent: Oh yes, you should definitely make your reservation now to take advantage of our $40 off promotion), FI and I went in to make our party reservation and pick those suckers out.  Vest/tie colors below...purple for dads, aqua for everyone else. 2) Put down my deposit for my reception today, which is simultaneously exciting and terrifying.  <strong>$4K non-refundable deposit to Mandalay Bay catering=come hell or highwater, we's getting MARRIED.</strong>Anyone else coming along with checks?  
    Posted by lsvensson[/QUOTE]

Ouch. But I totally understand this. I was like it does not matter what happens between now and then, we are eating good that day!!! Congratulations, checks are always fun.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I remember putting down our deposit. I asked Ben like 5 times that day if he was sure (we were not "engaged" yet, he proposed 4 days later). Little nerve wracking.

My checks:
    Deposit on our cake - LV Custom Cakes
    Wrote the check for Travis Allen, just need to drop it in the mail box
    Made an appointment to pick out invites next Tuesday

On the to-do list for this week:
    finalize DJ
    pay deposit on photobooth - waiting for the contract to be emailed to me
    dress - arriving this week ::fingers crossed::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Booked Todd this last weekend for the wedding day! woohoo! So far we have ceremony, reception and photographer CHECK!

This week: must work on save the date's, setting up a room block (I guess next year's rates come out in June - don't know which part of June), and making our wedding website.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome checks! Speaking of checks...we just booked reception site today! :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Contacted the bakery for a quote...still waiting for them to get back to me with the quote. Paying for the rest of my dress in the next week or so and booking a photographer.

Already checked-deposit for ceremony at MB, deposit for reception at Maggianos, FI picked out his and his BM's tux and got fitted and I picked out my MOH's dresses now I am waiting for them to try them on and order them. Coming along but it feels like I am behind. Lol!

Until the first full year of being one! Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_checks-checks-checks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:fa2636a4-5617-450b-bd08-58e76a687392Post:35119474-f945-4d98-a754-aea8102db5d2">Re: Checks checks checks</a>:
    [QUOTE]Awesome checks! Speaking of checks...we just booked reception site today! :-)
    Posted by Diamond1031[/QUOTE]

Where did you book?!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_checks-checks-checks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:fa2636a4-5617-450b-bd08-58e76a687392Post:600849b7-75c9-4d9d-b9e4-fd5b242e8a0c">Re: Checks checks checks</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Checks checks checks : Where did you book?!
    Posted by kasonandjeri[/QUOTE]

Joes at CP.  :0)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ooh, congrats!  <3 purple.

I've slowed down on my checks lately.  I'm currently debating what to do about centerpieces and limos.  I hope to check those off my list in the next couple weeks.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  You are really on top of your game!!
    76 invited image 35 ready to partyimage 41 staying homeimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes check checks checks!
    Today we:
    Bought FI's HM outfits ✔
    Completed the bridal clutch kit ✔
    Contacted Blush nightclub ✔
    Worked on the reception playlist ✔

My to-do list count is down to 6!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Today I bought the groomsmens gifts :)  Still need to figure out first dance song and how to do my hair!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the checks everyone!

We booked Absolute today, so can mark that off our list!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Today I finished shopping! Finally!

-Centerpieces are done
    -favor bags are done
    -cupcake boxes purchased
    -itinerary done and sent
    -all vendors contacted and confirmed once again!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome!! Good for you :)

We booked ceremony & reception site! Woo hoo :)
    Plus we ordered our Save The Dates, and should be receiving them shortly. We also picked our wedding party, and I told my MOH/bridesmaids that they can get any dress in teal as long as it's at knee length or calve length. Next check to cross off ASAP is buy my dress and get serious about getting in shape.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jccswljccswl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the checks ladies! Looks like everyone is one their way to an awesome wedding day :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards