Just Engaged and Proposals

My engagement ring!

I never get tired of hearing people, including random strangers, says Wow! There's no doubt I am one lucky girl carrying around 2 1/2 carats on my finger, and soon-to-be 3 1/2 when I place my wedding ring right next to it in about 6 months! My man proposed to me almost 2 years ago on Christmas Eve 2010 right in front of the big lit up Christmas tree located in Campus Martius in Downtown Detroit. The place was so beautiful and the night felt so magical!<3

https://www.facebook.com/michelle.laurell

Re: My engagement ring!

• Sparkly! Congrats :)
  • kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited November 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_my-engagement-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:a91a86fa-796f-40d6-b0d0-b750e7c3ec3fPost:38014b52-a8a2-4e99-b3df-f5a57b2ba340">My engagement ring!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I never get tired of hearing people, including random strangers, says Wow! There's no doubt I am one lucky girl carrying around 2 1/2 carats on my finger, and soon-to-be 3 1/2 when I place my wedding ring right next to it in about 6 months! My man proposed to me almost 2 years ago on Christmas Eve 2010 right in front of the big lit up Christmas tree located in Campus Martius in Downtown Detroit. The place was so beautiful and the night felt so magical!<3 <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.facebook.com/michelle.laurell">https://www.facebook.com/michelle.laurell</a>
    Posted by MrsHolmgren[/QUOTE]

Lucky to have 2.5 carats on your finger but no mention of being lucky to be engaged to an amazing guy?  Excited for another carat in 6 months, but no mention of being excited to spend the rest of your life with the man you love?  Interesting and disturbing.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_my-engagement-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:a91a86fa-796f-40d6-b0d0-b750e7c3ec3fPost:0348f703-e305-4bbe-acba-cf6b6cd8e72e">Re: My engagement ring!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to My engagement ring! : Lucky to have 2.5 carats on your finger but no mention of being lucky to be engaged to an amazing guy?  Excited for another carat in 6 months, but no mention of being excited to spend the rest of your life with the man you love?  Interesting and disturbing.
    Posted by kaos16[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this. This post kinda made me uncomfortable. I don't understand the obsession with carats.

• I don't know, I kinda get it. I went to the barn where I take horseback riding lessons the other day and brought like 10 carats with me, and I was probably the most popular human there. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Hmmm. Here's hoping you and the ring are very happy together!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • AW-ish. Hope she values the guy as much as the ring... egads.
    Praying for a miracle!
  • Your ring is lovely.  I'm really hoping that you were just really excited to show off your ring, and that is not ALL you care about.

Anyways, I would suggest maybe getting a new username, one the probably doesn't have your future last name in it.... OR at least remove the link to your facebook account.  I know not much is visible on your fb, but cover photos are ALWAYS public.  There's always the chance of an internet stalker... 

Congrats!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I don't know how many carats are in my ring. Probably not very many, as the diamonds are teeny. In fact, we took some of the diamonds out of my ring and replaced them with different stones. But I'm weird like that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_my-engagement-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:a91a86fa-796f-40d6-b0d0-b750e7c3ec3fPost:284e17d3-cc28-4b34-b4d0-6dc31586902c">Re: My engagement ring!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your ring is lovely.  I'm really hoping that you were just really excited to show off your ring, and that is not ALL you care about. Anyways, I would suggest maybe getting a new username, one the probably doesn't have your future last name in it.... OR at least remove the link to your facebook account.  I know not much is visible on your fb, but cover photos are ALWAYS public.  There's always the chance of an internet stalker...  Congrats!
    Posted by amber0389[/QUOTE]

OP said she got engaged 2 years ago! I'd think the <em>initial</em> excitement has worn off by now!
    Praying for a miracle!
  • I have no idea how big my diamond is. Like, NO idea.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_my-engagement-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:a91a86fa-796f-40d6-b0d0-b750e7c3ec3fPost:288ccc5c-149c-4971-83cd-7b729284d48e">Re: My engagement ring!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have no idea how big my diamond is. Like, NO idea.
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, no clue here either.

• Winnertag1Winnertag1 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2012
    This post is tacky. Who cares how many carats your ring has. You wouldnt be lucky if your FI hadnt proposed with that ring?

My ring has no where near those amounts of carats, I dont know the exact amount to be honest, but I still consider myself lucky to be marrying the man I love. I still get compliments on my ring constantly, strangers included, even though it isnt big with all the carats. Who cares. 

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • She cares because she's superficial. Big ring=beautiful. Superficial=no one likes you. Someone needs new life goals.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Totally agree with everyone who said this is tacky and weird. There's nothing wrong with loving your ring and wanting to show it off (I certainly do!), but posting just to say "hey, look at me, my ring's probably bigger than yours and I have tons of money"... Ew.
  • edited December 2012
    No clue how many carats my ring is either and I don't care. I love it and what I love most is that H saved and saved to buy me a ring he thought I would like, spent hours at the jewelery store trying to get the "perfect" one, etc. That's what matters to me about my ring.

OP you come off very superficial in this post. It's not like you even JUST got engaged and were caught up in the excitement. Coming in to AW just how HUGE your ring is 2 years after getting engaged just makes you a big AW in the worst way. And yeah, I'd remove your FB link in your sig. Online security and all that.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Uhh agree that this post is super weird.  I do know a lot about my ring (carats, color, clarity) but only because FI shopped for rings for a long time (and I had no idea, I didn't pick out my ring) and once he finally proposed he told me all about his shopping trips because he was so proud of himself for picking out something without anyone's help.  FI hates shopping and has never gushed about any shopping trip as much as he did about ring shopping so I guess what he told me abou it stuck lol.
  • In Response to Re:My engagement ring!:[QUOTE]I don't know, I kinda get it. I went to the barn where I take horseback riding lessons the other day and brought like 10 carats with me, and I was probably the most popular human there.nbsp; Posted by Hummingbird125[/QUOTE]

This made me giggle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards