Military Brides
Options

Diagnose Me

I was feeling fine this morning, and then at around 1pm I got a really bad headache across my whole forehead (as if it were hard to open my eyes) and a bit nauseous, so I came home and went to bed.  Woke up a bit ago, and have a 99.7 degree fever (low level).  My headache is constant, and my nausea is pretty consistent though I haven't actually puked yet. I'm munching on saltines and drinking ginger ale, which FI brought me, but not feeling much better.

Worth going to the doctor?  Or should I wait it out? Any medications that will make me feel better (Tylenol hasn't done any good)?

Anniversary

Re: Diagnose Me

• Options
    Sounds like a migraine.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_diagnose-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:900c0c6b-8685-4b03-b8b5-aa3bdfa51a05Post:5673d159-ce48-4d9a-9cc7-c918889c8479">Re: Diagnose Me</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sounds like a migraine.
    Posted by TeamBaby[/QUOTE]

You get a fever with migraines?

Anniversary

• Options
    Hm, I don't have personal experience, but a quick google search showed a mixed bag. Basically, most say some people do experience low level fevers, but if you feel stiffness, problems speaking, or lack of balance then seek medical attention immediately. Otherwise, I'd say rest up, and hydrate! If the fever goes up higher, you might consider calling a walk-in or urgent care to see what they say.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_diagnose-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:900c0c6b-8685-4b03-b8b5-aa3bdfa51a05Post:b57f4e37-dbde-424c-babe-0e5094ee21d3">Re: Diagnose Me</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Diagnose Me : You get a fever with migraines?
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

You can.  Have you ever had a migraine before?  It sounds like a textbook migraine minus the fever.  But for adults, it's not technically considered a fever until it reaches 100.  Have you taken your temp again?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_diagnose-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:900c0c6b-8685-4b03-b8b5-aa3bdfa51a05Post:d02d6181-a415-4e9c-8422-a373c557197c">Re: Diagnose Me</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Diagnose Me : You can.  Have you ever had a migraine before?  It sounds like a textbook migraine minus the fever.  But for adults, it's not technically considered a fever until it reaches 100.  Have you taken your temp again?
    Posted by TeamBaby[/QUOTE]

Never had something like this before, no.  I get headaches occasionally that pound heavy on one side of my head only, behind my eyeball and in my temple.  But not like this.

I'll take it again in a bit.  I'm drinking cold Ginger Ale, so that might affect it a bit.

Anniversary

• Options
    Just read up on migraines - it isn't throbbing, it's steady, and it isn't over one side of my head, it's the whole head.  So I dunno.  I do get one-sided headaches, but they're very differen than this.

Anniversary

• Options
    AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2012
    SOunds like a migraine to me. Caffeine helps for me... a coke and Advil does wonders for me.

My migranes are similar, I hope you feel better.  Once I got a migrane in my Native American Music Class... if you have ever listened to Native American Music....it sounds like a bunch of yelling and banging on drums... Ahaha.. I wanted to die...

ETA - Mine don't throb, and I know they are migranes...
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Pshhh, what do you think we are, Cal, WebMD?!?!?

Just kidding :) hope you feel better! FWIW, I immediately thought migrane, as well. My BIL gets em just like that. You can always call the doctors office and ask them what they think.
  • Options
    Sinus headache? Of course that would only be if you have allergies....or if you want to go with my Mexican superstitious side, someone gave you ojo.

I really hope you feel better! Also, a coke may help with the naseau. I take mine with a little lemon juice.
  • Options
    New symptom - puking.  Ugh...

Anniversary

• Options
    My guess is the start of the flu, or some 24 hour stomach bug. Did you by any chance eat something unpleasant today?
  • Options
    Hey!! I put your stuff into my WebMD app (yes. there's an app for that) and it did ask if you had recently been on a cruise &/or traveled outside the continental US.  Could that have something to do with it? Maybe? Could be a Norovirus (food poisoning..) That would be my guess (especially if you keep throwing up)..

I plugged my symptoms in and I either have bronchitis, a sinus infection, cold/flu or cancer (I'm pretty sure that comes up with most symptoms though..)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    My first guess would be migraine, although Sami has a good point with a GI bug. I hope you're feeling better today!
  • Options
    I think you should see a doctor
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards